Opinions on Lexol

greenscobie86

Established Member
Quick question to those that have used the Lexol Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner lines.

Would you recommend it for maintenance and upkeep on the OEM leather seats in my 2013?

If not what are some other options?

Thanks in advance!

Electrokid

Established Member
For cleaning and upkeep on your new car they are fine. I use it myself on my 2012 and it works great.

If you are cleaning something that is dirtier, I would recommend something else. I use Pinnacle leather products on my client's cars that are really dirty.

This is leather cleaned with the Pinnacle products. Left = clean Right = dirty

IMG_1576_zps19a03ea6.jpg

greenscobie86

Established Member
Good tip, thank you for your input. Thats QUITE a transformation. I plan on maintaing the leather in my new car as well as rejuvenating the leather in my 1998 Expedition as well.

Do you happen to know where I can get Pinnacle stuff at a competitive price?

Thanks again!

SFLEcoboost

Established Member
I use Wolfgang conditioner. I was using Mother LVR and thought i was in good shape until i used the conditioner, it felt like a completely different leather! Luckily, i can go to Autogeek's retail store, "Drivers Seat" and pick up the good stuff and sniff things!

Electrokid

Established Member
Good tip, thank you for your input. Thats QUITE a transformation. I plan on maintaing the leather in my new car as well as rejuvenating the leather in my 1998 Expedition as well.

Do you happen to know where I can get Pinnacle stuff at a competitive price?

Thanks again!

Here at Autogeek

It may be a little pricey, but Autogeek always has different sales and coupons, so you just need to keep your eye open for those.

Last edited:

greenscobie86

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies so far. The Pinnacle stuff is certainly no joke. I may try going with it if Lexol doesn't work on my expedition, but since the seats in my mustang should be easier to clean/condition.

Or I'll just wait to see if there is a sale coming up at AG.

Last edited:

greenscobie86

Established Member
I'm thinking a gentle horsehair brush or a foam sponge perhaps? Don't want to use anything too rough on the new leather.

Electrokid

Established Member
Good call. I just use a simple "hand/nail" brush like this one

wooden_nail-brush_main.jpg

I have never scratched or damaged leather with it, and it's relatively cheap. Unless you're using a steam cleaner, a brush like this is a must.

LDC2335

Established Member
I use the lexol cleaner, conditioner, and sometimes the neatsfoot oil on my black 98 seats. I'm please with them all. The neatsfoot definitely makes the leather feel softer.

Users who are viewing this thread