Opinions on my slobra

9snakebite6

Banned
just wondering what everyone thinks of it(looks, and performance...i guess)(eventho its slo)... im kinda..sorta new to the game of fords... but i have done somewhat decent stuff to my car considering my budget.. 12Lb flywheel, centerforce d/f clutch,JLT cold-air(love it btw) , u-joints(lol), msd wires,iridium plugs,mgw short throw... but i really, really cant wait for the 4.30's and the tune... o and i "got" SS Magnaflow X With SS Bassani Cat-Back(love it, real real loud :thumbsup: ) ... Thank you... (any suggestions would b great)

Http://www.cardomain.com/id/96snakebite

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
looks great dude, the 4.30s you will love. I cant wait to get mine. How did you black out the tails?

9snakebite6

Banned
BLack out the tails- i mixed Hok (any brand will work tho) clearcoat Black Base coat and applied to the tailights like... 10 times lol...(basically until ur happy with how dark they are).... jus make sure u sand em real thoroughly and clean em good..and they comeout great...no cops have messed with me about em except one...that was only cause i downshifted when he followed me instead of using brakes...lol..i kinda deserved it... ohh...i think i either need a fuel pump...or a tune... my motor will basically die out at like say 80mph @ 5krpm..but if u feather gas a bit the power comes right back...almost like it run real lean or no gas....and sometimes when i goto "rev" it or whatever...it'll wanna bog then catch when i blip the gas a second time....kinda weird...only happens here and there....but it still worries me.. ive put alot in it..just dont need to fry motor due to lean conditions or something ...u know... lol... any help is greatly appreciated... thanks!

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
check ur coil packs too.. i had a similar problem.. or your maf as well.. could be dirty.

And sounds sweet.. I really like the look and have wanted to do it to my car

9snakebite6

Banned
O and another issue....i have a check engine light....(thought it might b from intake, and exhaust and not having it tuned for em) ... but i hooked up a scanner to read the codes....and the read EGR flow insufficient... and the other read EGR flow excessive... so..now... im kinda lost... i know i hear the elect. smog pump kick on sometimes...and the exhaust gets this real sweet,sick growly tone...a little louder and deeper than usual at idle... i dont know that might have anything to do with it??...anything is appreciated...cuz im real lost:??: ... lol

BLWN SN-95

Established Member
sweet car man, if your new to the site welcome!, and yeaa put some 456's and nitrous in there and youll have a high 11 second car! dont forget the sticky ickys

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
To help with the check engine light you will need to get O2 (oxygen) sensors for the new exhaust and make sure that they snap in all of the way. Then you will have to get a Tuner and get into your ECU and get rid of the cats that are inside the program. If your computer is set to have cats on the exhaust then you can't get rid of them through an Off Road Pipe without deleting it out of the system. The check engine light will not allow the vehicle to run at 100% capability. I would buy a tuner and hae that thing programed properly then continue on with the gears and other bolt ons.

9snakebite6

Banned
thanks for all the input!...i really would like new set of headlight and corners... id like one piece but i hear the project type suck (?) ...so i jus may get reg clear ones an then black em out...or smoke em..... and i did get new o2's ..maybe i just need the two backones shutt of by that tuner??

Users who are viewing this thread