opinions on new mid-pipes

EL Conquistador

Established Member
so ive had nothing but problems out of my 5 piece catted bassani x scince i installed it so i think its time for a new mid pipe to go with my borla stingers ive already narrowed it down to an o/r mac h pipe or a catted upr x and i was just lookin for some opinions on sound and volume and im not worried about waking my neighbors up at 2am either so the louder the better

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
What problems have you been having??

I had a Mac O/r H with my LM2's before switching to the bassani 5 piece o/r x I have now and the H was certainly louder with out question. I thought the H after having it would pair better with a more classic sounding catback like a flowmaster or MAC catback than it did with a straight through muffler. But thats just me.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I had the exact same problem with my Bassani 5 piece X pipe so I broke down and bought a Magnaflow Tru-X O/R X pipe and I love it. It is on piece fits nicely and no leaking problems. Even my tail pipes line up almost about right now :D I say go that route and you will be happy with it.

I run the Borla Stinger catback and I love the sound of it O/R and an X. Nice and loud but nice a calm while highway driving :)

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'd say fix the problem, or get a one piece bassani X. I couldnt imagine a better sounding combo.-Shane

EL Conquistador

Established Member
What problems have you been having??

I had a Mac O/r H with my LM2's before switching to the bassani 5 piece o/r x I have now and the H was certainly louder with out question. I thought the H after having it would pair better with a more classic sounding catback like a flowmaster or MAC catback than it did with a straight through muffler. But thats just me.

you name it ive had a problem with it first it wouldnt seal correctly new lap band clamps fixed that ,then came the catalyst codes i bought the sct tuner to turn off the rear 02's to fix that,then code p0153 from the upstream 02's so i bought new oem o2's to fix that then a month later the same p0153 code from the new o2's, and not to mention the idle drop issues that i think are related to the upstream o2's sending a slow response for so long, and im just thinkin now that its all more trouble than its worth...

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
you name it ive had a problem with it first it wouldnt seal correctly new lap band clamps fixed that ,then came the catalyst codes i bought the sct tuner to turn off the rear 02's to fix that,then code p0153 from the upstream 02's so i bought new oem o2's to fix that then a month later the same p0153 code from the new o2's, and not to mention the idle drop issues that i think are related to the upstream o2's sending a slow response for so long, and im just thinkin now that its all more trouble than its worth...

wow that is certainly a set of problems. I have had my share of troubles with small leaks here and there, still trying to get it to seal better where the mid and the catback meet up.

Users who are viewing this thread