Opinions on some parts and their horsepower

03RedfireGT

Love FORD but got a HONDA
Established Member
Horsepower gain?/Opinions on Mac Performance

Does anybody know how much power a cold air intake, long tube headers (1 5/8 to 2 1/2 collector) H-pipe and high flows (2 1/2 all the way back from headers), and a cat back would give to my 2003 GT?

Its kind of too late now, but could I ask for opinions on products from Mac Performance where I got all the parts from?

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I'd go BBK if you could do it again simply because I like BBK's single flange headers. Nothing wrong with MAC though. You're gonna need to keep your tips on the catback clean or there's a good chance they'll rust up.

H-pipe with hiflow cats? I bet you see a 25rwhp gain from everything. Probably an extra 10rwhp with an offroad pipe. I think bassani makes a midpipe with removable cats.

03RedfireGT

Established Member
Thanks man. The only real reason I went all MAC was simply because of the cost. Right now, since I'm not really making much money going to college, I figured I would settle for products a little less expensive. I just wanted to make sure I did not choose stuff that was going to fall apart, haha. I have been reading the posts in my other thread also and using them in my future planning. Thanks again.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
I love Mac cat-backs! IMHO you made a excellent choice over the flows. :D I love my Mac cat-back over my old flowmaster mufflers! Even though I have a 5.0, I love em on 4.6's too. :pepper: Get a sound clip when you get it on. :rolling:

200gt

Established Member
I have Hooker Supercomp lt's and matching x pipe and mac fenderwell cai, along with that and accufab 75mm tb and plenum I made 265 and 290 to the wheels on a dynojet chassis dyno, I installed patriot stage 3 heads and comp cams and made 300 and 310, and now I have a built shortblock being put it in...should get it back mon. or tues. so I'll relate the new dyno #'s

03RedfireGT

Established Member
Thanks for the positive feedback on Mac. I will be posting a sound clip or video when I get everything on. And 200gt, I can't wait to see the new numbers on that thing.

03RedfireGT

Established Member
Oh, one more thing if anybody can help me out. How BAD is the bad news I hear about the Mac LT's rusting? If all of that is true, how much life do you think I can get out of mine?

Users who are viewing this thread