Opinions on this kit??? Please Help

Trevor_00Ws6

O.R.A.N.G.E. A.R.M.Y
Established Member
Im not very knowledgable about the cobra and its motor/mods and such. I had the Ws6 first and know just about everything I possibly could about that motor and mods for it and such.

Anyways, Ive been looking around at sponsers from this site and came across RPMOutlet.com. They have some option kits and this one seemed like a great deal to me and would fit my needs for the moment.

OPTION E: THE "E" KIT
(option revision date 08/01/05)
Your Choice of Computer Tuners

DIABLOSPORT Predator Flash Tuner
>>>>>-OR-
SUPERCHIPS TriTune MAX Micro Tuner
Featuring the following:
-ACCUFAB "Big Oval" Throttle Body
*(polished inlet pipe optional)
-4 or 6 psi Boost "QC" BLOWER
Pulley Kit (your choice of colors)
-C&L TRUEFLOW INLET PIPE
-GEN II TRUE GRIP Auxiliary Idler Kit
-GOODYEAR Gatorback Belt
-K&N FIPK® Cold-Air Kit
-K&N PRE-Filter Filter Kit
-NGK TR6 V-Power Spark Plug

Im leaning towards the Predator Tuner for the computer tuner since it seems to be the popular one(Like I said, I know nothing of mods and such for the cobra so if you would get the superchips tuner instead, please tell why). I was wondering everyone's opinion on this kit and the products included. Also about what hp/tq numbers I could see with this kit, h-pipe, and catback(not sure if 2.5" or 3", which would be better?).

I would also like to upgrade to a ported blower sometime so keep that in mind also for these mods. Any info and advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Trevor

Last edited:

balls deep

Established Member
Sup dude? I remember you from ls1 and ls2. this is whowantzsome from the other site. I did the same thing you did. Sold the WS6 and bought a cobra. Best decision I ever made... Wish I could help ya out on the mods ?, but I'm still learning myself. Although, I think I'll do a upper 2.93 pulley from Billitflow and CAI to start things off. Then move to a stegmier port and tune later on. The car already came with exhaust, so that was nice. Anywho, good luck. I bet that mystic looks sick......

silvrbullit04

Established Member
Welcome to world of terminators! there are a number of different kits that you can buy from just about anywhere. But these are the mods that I think you should start with: x-pipe and then a cat-back exhaust system, JLT or K&N FIPK CAI, UPR short throw shifter.no tune is really needed with those mods. Thats just to get you started. Then when you change the s/c pulley a 2.80 or 2.93 i would recommend along with a tensioner pulley and the sct xcal2. and then you can port the s/c and re-tune later!

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Whats up Bud! The search function will do wonders for each and every mod thats out there. You'll have actually more info than you want to read. You'll be picking your eyeballs up off your keyboard.

Lots of us stray away from RPM Outlet due to the Motoblue stuff, but to each their own and you may like it.

Good vendors out there for tuning:
Mile High Dyno Tuning (Great advice, and can get you parts that you need)
Amazon or RWTD do decent tunes if you're not up for a dyno tune.
Billetflow (pulleys/brace/brackets)
LFP (HE/radiator/pulleys/GREAT customer service.)

I'm missing quite a few.... Again, you'll learn a wealth of info from searching.

Most commong seems to be the 2.9/4lb with a port and you're looking at 500/500+. This makes power and will stomp almost every car on the street(unless you roll up to a whippled/KB'd car).

As far as the 2.5/3", you know my opinion on that, check PM.

As posted above, you want a Predator or SCT XCAL2. I've seen some really aggressive tunes from the XCAL2 and good options that go along with the handheld unit. Others swear by the Predator....

You want a tune when you mess with the pulley or the port/pulley... If anyone says otherwise, check it on the dyno for safety.... You want to be around 12.0 A/F with a timing of your choice... Max seems to be 23* up top.

Trevor_00Ws6

O.R.A.N.G.E. A.R.M.Y
Established Member
I plan on getting a cat-back within the next week or two. Im trying to decide on the size(2.5" or 3"), but I know im getting a Mac catback. Then I plan on getting a CAI(most likely JLT), and then a shifter. But I would like to buy a tensioner, upper and lower pulley's, tuner, and maybe a TB all at the same time. I plan on installing everything myself so i think it would just be easier if I did it all at the same time. But I guess ill just keep looking around since motoblue seems to be unfavored.

Thanks for the info so far!

Trevor_00Ws6

O.R.A.N.G.E. A.R.M.Y
Established Member
Oh and about the mile high dyno tuning, do you have an idea on about how much that would be?

Users who are viewing this thread