Opinions on Toyo Proxes T1-Rs

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I know, I know...the age ole tire question. I did a search but haven't seen much about the Rs so I was just inquiring for any experience or known experience with them.

get_image.php

They look good but I want a good tire for the money and from what I can tell I'm getting a decent deal on these. I'm getting (4) for $526 and that includes installation. What do you think? I've always bought the traditional name brands like Goodyear, Michelin and BFGoodrich so I'm a little nervous about dropping a few hundred on a Japanese tire, but the price is better than anything else comparable. Around here its either Gatorbacks or G-Force Sports and they aren't as cheap as the Proxes. Input appreciated.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Never tried these, but I'm backwards from you.
I got so fed up with Goodyear, Michelin and BFGoodrich when I managed a tire store that all I buy now are pretty much Kuhmo and Nitto.
Toyo makes good tires, all I can tell you is chose your treadwear rating for the amount of grip or how long you want them to last and go for it.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Thanks. That gives me a little bit more encouragement knowing someone who has dealt with tires regularly can speak for Toyo's quality. I know I've got to do something pretty soon because my factory Comp T/As are beginning to look kind of dangerous to driving on. Right where the sidewalls meet the treads there are cracks developing in the rubber and the treads look pretty ragged. I guess between age and wear that's to be expected. They've only got 17,500 miles on them, but even I know its time to get some fresh tires.

Thanks Stampede3.

George Wax

Established Member
Toyo Tires are excellent, I have run their T1-S 245-45-17's on all 4 corner's and they gripped really well. Also Toyo tires in wet are pretty incredible, they also last a good time. I now have the Toyo Proxes 4's and I am really happy with them. I could only imagine that their new T1-R's much be bad ass. and by looking at their new thread design they should be excellent for a road course or wet weather. Anyhow good product and company and they do stand behind their product. Give them a try and let me know..

Users who are viewing this thread