Opinions on what I will run tonight?

ImMACHnU03

I race in Heels!
Established Member
nice run you had him until the 1000 mark looks like. were those street tires? burning street tires like that doesnt help any but i guess it looks cool. put some radials on that thing and dump the clutch youll get a 12 sec pass easy.

The car had Nitto DRs. We changed out my tires before we left for Commerce.

DrZacharyus

Banned
Your 60' sucks, get it in th low 1.9 range and you can see 12's as it sits

+1

the 60' should be sup 1.8 range on DRs, you probably melted them a little too much :banana:. That setup should be good for 12.8-12.9! The tune is a major booster with the Mach 1s from what I have read.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Nice times! I'm no longer upset about my 13.4@105 on street tires in the summer with a o/r x pipe and slp lm1 c/b! Nice run but i thought your trap speed would be a little higher.:beer:

Scarpino

Established Member
Commerce dragstrip is the biggest ice skating rink in Ga.

Good run, but expect a much better time at anyother track.

If you have never been to another track, i suggest you go and see the difference. You will be suprised at how well you do.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Those airflow mods didn't do much without a tune. If anything the cars probably too lean to where any small gain from the bolt ons is negated.

I expected a 105-106 TS...maybe 107 at best, but a tad better ET....BUT, that was going off of your other ET at a different track.

What are your Shift points K?

mrbigjeep

Established Member
Your 60' sucks, get it in th low 1.9 range and you can see 12's as it sits

i don't understand this. i've heard many times that 1tenth of sixty foot is 2tenths in the quarter mile...yet i go to the quarter mile drag strip and run and i cut one tenth off my sixty foot my second run and it was still only one tenth off my e.t.

oh and my guess was dead on lol :D

Last edited:

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
Congrats on the good run!! I know this is far from you, but if you contact Jon Lund at Evolution Performance in PA, he is amazing at tuning Mach 1's. He tuned mine and i picked up a half a second, making my average 13.0 run go to a 12.54!!

P.S. What is it with the reaction times with people on here? lol

Speed Demon

Established Member
Commerce dragstrip is the biggest ice skating rink in Ga.

Good run, but expect a much better time at anyother track.

If you have never been to another track, i suggest you go and see the difference. You will be suprised at how well you do.[/QUO

take that thing to Carolina Dragway it hooks a hundred times better than Commerce, especially on Friday nights. or try a Saturday bracket race, they usually prep the track decent then.
Get those 60's down and its easy in the 12's:rockon:

ImMACHnU03

I race in Heels!
Established Member
John Lund is a great tuner....Rick is too, but I know K isn't too fond of him.

Well we checked out several different WELL KNOWN tuners and Rick is just to expensive for me right now. I'm sure he does good but my car doesn't have that many mods so it just kind of seemed pointless to pay that much money.

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
Well we checked out several different WELL KNOWN tuners and Rick is just to expensive for me right now. I'm sure he does good but my car doesn't have that many mods so it just kind of seemed pointless to pay that much money.

Do you plan on doing any rear end work in the near future?

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
11psi it too low for a nitto. Best results are usually between 14-16psi. I think any lower and the contact patch starts to buckle in the middle. Did you pre-load the drivetrain when you launched?

-Mark

Users who are viewing this thread