Opinions on your 2.2 KB or 2.3 Whipple

fudgerunyard

Banned
It breaks down like this...the 2.2 and Whipple 2.3 are neck and neck when it comes to power output, with a slight edge to the Whipple, though probably not noticeable in a 1/4 mile run...therefore, for me at least, the deciding factor was sound, which the 2.2 wins hands down.:rockon:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
You really are painfully stupid aren't you? Your car is all stock so you haven't a clue as to what any of us are talking about do you? If I could do sign language for you I would but here go's again. No one here is saying that one blower will out shine the other. The OP wanted to know our opinions on why we chose one over the other. I'm SO sorry that you don't like my opinion on this matter but I dont give a rats ass what you think. Like a true asshole you put down my car which show's your lack of intelligence on this matter. If you have no real experiences with any of these blower's than why even post like you know it all?

LOL his car is far from "stock."

Unless you refer to a Live axle swap, 2.2 KB, Supporting mods & bolt ons, and a shot of nitrous stock. . . .then yeah, he's "stock!"

Last edited:

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
i love my 2.2L. its been a great blower since ive owned the car. it may not put out as much power as the whip but like others have stated the whine makes up for the power. id love to go with a bigger blower but im scared i would miss the sound. good luck, seems like more and more people are wanting the 2.2's now so there really starting to be hard to find.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Come on guys, this was a good civil thread for 3 pages. Lets not turn it into flame fest and send it straight to the shitter.

mach1033

Established Member
Come on guys, this was a good civil thread for 3 pages. Lets not turn it into flame fest and send it straight to the shitter.

I wasn't looking to start anything trust me that is not what I'm about. But when someone is basically telling me to shove my opinions up my ass then that person has another thing coming from me cause i back down from no one!!! Anyway I said my peace about this topic and to the OP which ever blower you choose I'm sure you will be happy with it. :beer:

mach1033

Established Member
LOL his car is far from "stock."

Unless you refer to a Live axle swap, 2.2 KB, Supporting mods & bolt ons, and a shot of nitrous stock. . . .then yeah, he's "stock!"

At the time I was typing my response I didn't notice his list of mods I only saw what was under his name which was "bone stock"

03snakeminated

Established Member
is a win-win situation whichever blower you choose, i have a 2.6h kenne bell and it screams, i can't imagine a 2.2 kb, they whine like a wife walking out empty handed out of a jewelry store

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I know my 2.3L Whipple doesn't scream as loud as a KB.. but it screams loud enough for me... :burnout:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LgWUj98PBQ"]YouTube - New Whipple installed[/ame]

VAMPIR3

Established Member
What pulley combo are you guys running on the KB 2.2's and how much boost are you seeing?
Whats the safest for a 93 Octane Tune?

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
hmmm, i understand everyones opinions. just dont agree i guess. really never heard the looks arguement before. but then again, its not my car, so do whatever makes you happy!

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
What pulley combo are you guys running on the KB 2.2's and how much boost are you seeing?
Whats the safest for a 93 Octane Tune?

I have a 3.3" upper and a 4# lower producing a solid 18 psi in 75* weather. The tune is commanding 19* of timing in the midrange and 18* at WOT.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
so i know this thread is pretty well beaten to death, but is a rebuilt 2.2 (new rotors and seals) a trustworthy unit? Im looking into one, but not sure how i feel about one that had to be rebuilt...dont know the reason why yet.

Busta1

Established Member
so i know this thread is pretty well beaten to death, but is a rebuilt 2.2 (new rotors and seals) a trustworthy unit? Im looking into one, but not sure how i feel about one that had to be rebuilt...dont know the reason why yet.
I would trust it IF it was rebuilt by KB. I've put probably 20k miles on my KB 2.6 running 23lbs. It's fine; no noise or leaks. But remember 2.2's have been out for years. It may have had several owners who didn't take care of it or run tons of boost. As long as the rebuild was done correctly and the wearable parts were replaced its good to go. I only say KB because I believe they have a warranty and other shops I won't mention don't; bad experience on my part.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
so its most likely a solid rebuild if the blower can come with the associated paperwork showing work completed and dates all from Kenne Bell?

Users who are viewing this thread