Opinions Please: Throw out bearing replacement

LWniesz

Established Member
Just bought my 03 cobra. Drove it about 100 miles once i got back home, and when i full press the clutch to the floor,
makes a loud squeling/grinding noise. I am almost certain it is the TOB. My question to you guys is

Do i just replace the TOB? or while im at it should i do the retainer sleeve upgrade, pilot bearing, or 26 spline input.
Car will probly never see 550+, so the 26 spline upgrade isnt a big deal. I know guys that have been upwards of 700HP AND never had any problems with stock input.
Just looking for communities opinion on what i should all do. Clutch feels nice and strong, so I think who ever did it last, just neglected the TOB.

Thanks!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd upgrade the tob sleeve for sure.

LWniesz

Established Member
Might even be a cracked tob sleeve? But ya it should definitely be replaced.

Appreciate the info guys. I was thinking the same, as it only makes the grinding noise when fully depressed to the floor.
Other then that, I can ride around and just push it halfway and it is smooth and silent. Makes me wonder.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
depends how much work you wanna do. its very easy to replace just the tob as compared to opening up the front of the trans. but the stock retainer sleeves are weak and can break so its best to upgrade

LWniesz

Established Member
I dont have alot of time right now to get to it, but i will keep ya updated on what the hell was making all that noise.

Users who are viewing this thread