Opinions wanted

Jensanity

Established Member
For those of you that have had different poweradder setups which is the "most fun" on the street and around town? Is a twin screw or turbo more fun than a ported and pullied Eaton? To me it seems much more power than my 2.76/6# with LT's and a posi clone might be pointless since I don't track the car, but would like opinions from guys with experience with different setups.

PS I'm thinking about dropping to a 4# lower do you think this is a good idea?

fr03cobra

Established Member
twin screws are more fun. but turbo's are faster. i've seen more people with head aches than it's worth on the turbo's. ported are fun but just too slow.

Last edited:

Blake04

Established Member
TWIN SCREW. The immediate torque at any RPM is unlike anything else, plus the longevity, consistency, driveability and reliability are going to be very tough be beat.

Jensanity

Established Member
I appreciate all the feedback guys. Is the TS noticeably more powerful than the Eaton in all areas or just up top? To me the ported and pullied Eaton still feels pretty fast, a TS is going to be mind blowing when the time comes lol.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Side note! TVS is a great roots blower! At least this is what I've heard! It's not a twinscrew.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I am going to venture off and say that turbos are the most fun. I have had a few cars with turbos in the past and when they spool they put a smile on my face every time. Sure you dont have the snappy low end torque the blowers provide but the sound of spooling turbos and then feeling them come on in the upper RPM's is the best. I had a built turbo Honda back in the day and once the turbo spooled at 5200, it pulled like no other all the way to 9000 RPMs. I have a TVS on my Cobra and it hits hard low and pulls all the way to redline but its nothing like a turbo car. If I had unlimited funds my Cobra would have a turbo or two :).

Last edited:

Jensanity

Established Member
Did not know a TVS is considered a roots style...that's actually probably the direction I will eventually go!

va boy

Established Member
I appreciate all the feedback guys. Is the TS noticeably more powerful than the Eaton in all areas or just up top? To me the ported and pullied Eaton still feels pretty fast, a TS is going to be mind blowing when the time comes lol.

Absolutely, IMO. I think it's as much difference as going from a stock pulled Eaton, to a pulled, dynoed Eaton. I went from an upper pulled Eaton to a 2.3 Whipple, I did add a lower pulley and headers, the difference was amazing, all across the board. Runs cooler, more efficient, etc. you're gonna need drag radials, I can tell you that much.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I went from a POSI Ported Eaton to a TVS....I very much enjoy the roots style torque & hp of the TVS!

... BIG turbo would be fun as well :)

stangfreak

Established Member
your running a 2.76 upper and a 6lb lowr on a eaton??? of course its a good idea to drop. Iu would do a 2lb lower. My shop would have never recommened that setup let alone tune my car with a eaton being spun that hard with that much boost. Thats 21lbs of boost. wild. curious to see your chart. I bet it starts to die off up top. iat2 temps are probably high. Once you start seeing more tq than hp that is when you know your blower is not efficient anymore.

2.3 tvs would be my pick. 2.9 whipple is also bad ass or the 3.4. but you need to push them at 25lbs to get the max benefits. I would do a 2.3 tvs with the gt500 throttle body and larg inlet option.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
if you dont care about the instatnt tq hit, then a turbo setup would be bad ass. Turbo auto is just stupid fast. Iv been in a few and there scary. takes some time to spool up but not that bad with an auto in the car. keep in mind, turbo cars are more complex, more headaches, little harder to tune. Much more involved and very expensive.

Jensanity

Established Member
your running a 2.76 upper and a 6lb lowr on a eaton??? of course its a good idea to drop. Iu would do a 2lb lower. My shop would have never recommened that setup let alone tune my car with a eaton being spun that hard with that much boost. Thats 21lbs of boost. wild. curious to see your chart. I bet it starts to die off up top. iat2 temps are probably high. Once you start seeing more tq than hp that is when you know your blower is not efficient anymore.

2.3 tvs would be my pick. 2.9 whipple is also bad ass or the 3.4. but you need to push them at 25lbs to get the max benefits. I would do a 2.3 tvs with the gt500 throttle body and larg inlet option.

Bought the car from a dealer under the impression it had a 2.8/4# combo. I do street/email tuning because there are no decent tuners unless I travel about 3 or more hours. Tuner said drop to a 4# lower the other day when I told him about the 6# I haven't been on a dyno or I would post a graph for ya. The torque hits hard and is pretty fun around town, but like you I'm guessing I'm losing power up top. Going to hook my boost gauge up before switching lowers to see how many psi I've been running. I have LT's, no cats, and everything is ported, so I was guessing 18-19# but very well could be more. Running a .28 Gap because I was getting blowout at .32. A/F is solid 11.6-11.8 @ 20* on 93

Users who are viewing this thread