opinions wanted!!!

ducci610

Established Member
Obviously We Are All Cobra Lovers. But, I Need All You 93' Owners Advice. I Have Sold My 98' And Am Seriously Contemplating Purchasing A 93'. As You All Know, To Buy One In Good Condition Is Quite Costly. In Other Words, You Can Buy A Much Newer One For The Same Money As A Well Kept 93'. I Have Never Owned Or Even Driven A 93', But I Have Always Wanted One. Without Being Biased, What Are Your Opinions On Owning A 93'. I Have Already Owned A 90' Lx 5.0 And A 98' Cobra So I Know The Basics. I Just Love The Look Of The 93' And I Want To Make Sure That They Are Worth Such A Significant Investment. Thanks For Your Time Guys!

unibager

Established Member
For me personally, I do not regret buying my cobra; however, if I were smarter I would have realized that the money I paid for the car could have been better spent buying a regular notch or gt, and then spending the extra on upgrades. I say this because I am currently, and planning to upgrade everything. So, if I were to do it again, I would buy a normal mustang, and upgrade from there. I think alot of the decision comes from what your goals for the car are as well. Just so I dont get yelled at, I bought a salvaged cobra to tear apart, but it still wasnt smart because it wasnt that cheap. Good luck, and hope this helps.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
ducci610 said:
Obviously We Are All Cobra Lovers. But, I Need All You 93' Owners Advice. I Have Sold My 98' And Am Seriously Contemplating Purchasing A 93'. As You All Know, To Buy One In Good Condition Is Quite Costly. In Other Words, You Can Buy A Much Newer One For The Same Money As A Well Kept 93'. I Have Never Owned Or Even Driven A 93', But I Have Always Wanted One. Without Being Biased, What Are Your Opinions On Owning A 93'. I Have Already Owned A 90' Lx 5.0 And A 98' Cobra So I Know The Basics. I Just Love The Look Of The 93' And I Want To Make Sure That They Are Worth Such A Significant Investment. Thanks For Your Time Guys!

Dont look at it as an investment, look at it from the point that you are getting what you want.

I love the Fox body period and getting a Cobra in it was a great option.

SVT1993

Established Member
Everyone Loves the Cobra - it is the ultimate fox body car. If your looking for a hot rod, then do what unibager says. But if you want the ultimate hot rod buy a Cobra. Their look is unique and everyone knows what they are.

Take your time and look around. If you are going to really modify it, you might as well pay a lot less and get one won't matter if you replace the entire engine or the rims, etc.

If your looking for a low mile car, the value ranges for these cars from 13K to 20K so look well.

badvenm

Established Member
Its the only car on the market, that I know of, that you can enjoy for a few years and turn around and sell it for what you paid for it, or more. Just don't make it into a racecar and resale will be fine.

svtdriven

Established Member
I had both at the same time. they do not even compare. its very hard to believe my 98 was only 5 years newer than the 93. the 93 already smells and feels like a classic car. I bought the 93 to eventually replace the 98. I had traded in a 91 lx 5.0 when I bought the 98 cobra, and I missed it after it was gone! the 93 is more true to the muscle car theme, where the 98 felt like a modern performance car. the 98 was a lot faster, but the 93 is way more fun to drive. I will still like it, even when a fastback finds it way into the garage.

I wouldn't worry about the investment value. buy what you know you will like driving. the "seat of the pants" value.

PJM99

Established Member
I have a 97 and 93. I love them both, but the 93 has a more special place in my heart. I'd choose the 93 over the 97 hands down anyday.

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
Plus they just look so damn good! Sit back and check one out for a few minutes and you'll feel the joy...espcially when it's yours.

I still LOVE mine as much as the day I bought it new.

blown...

Last edited:

ducci610

Established Member
Thanks for the reply guys. I do not plan on heavily modifying the cobra i buy. I just wanted to know how they were to drive and own. I love the look but have never driven one. What are your opinions of buying one off e-bay? Its one of the only places that i see them listed often?

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
I don't see a problem with it. I'd try to only look at at he ones where you could drive and have a look see for yourself (I guess you could fly or hitch hike too...LOL!) IMHO.

The mods on my '93 Cobra can be pulled off in a long Saturday afternoon. That's all I believe in is bolt ons but that's just me (no juice for me...I'd blow something up). I even have the stock radio that came with the car. Even though the Vortech's are awesome chargers I elected to go with the Paxton, no drilled oil pan hole to plug - if the Charger blows the motor stays happy and vice versa. I also liked the "quite" feature of this blower...it whistles like a Boeing 747 but not too bad. I don't like to announce my stuff to the world but then again some do....that's all good. That's what choices and opinion are all about.

My car has 60K miles of garage kept, not driven in the rain, miles on it and it still drives like new. The "cushy" ride that the '93 Cobras are known for is great. Not harsh at all like some of my other GT's

blown...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread