Opinons on Exhaust Setup on my Mach?

Deftones

Established Member
I am in the market for an exhaust system. I want a catback, and maybe an X or H later and of course Longtubes later. For now I want just a catback due to budget. I was wondering what has the best sound and best price. Chime in and let me know what you guys think. I was looking at Flowmaster, and MAC, and also Borla Stingers, but I would have to get them used cause they are pricey. Thanks.:rockon:

sdg97232

Established Member
there's like a zillion video's on the net, just look around. if you like the way the stingers sound but they are a little over your budget check out sss catbacks. the fit and finish on the sss systems are super nice they sound mean and run about half of what you would pay for the borla kit!! i think you will get a lot of opinons on this, there are so many good catbacks on the market its hard to pick just one. im running stock manifolds, mrt o/r h-pipe and the stinger catback it sounds very mean at lower rpm but it gets a little raspy at higher rpms. soon i will be installing kooks longtubes with a catted mrt h-pipe and the stingers, that set up should sound sick!!

Last edited:

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I have the magnaflow OR X pipe and magnaflow catback. Sounds Great. :banana: I had a OR H pipe with the mangaflow catback and it sounded like CRAP. it sounded like a Z71 with glasspacks. had a really bad pop. I have always heard to only run a h pipe with a chambered exhaust and to run a X pipe with a non chambered exhaust and after having a h pipe with a non chambered exhaust, i now know why haha. The flowmasters just sound like any normal f150 to me. I would say MAC or magnaflow if your buying new. I also wanted the stringers but i couldnt let myself drop that kind of money on a catback.

Monster Mach

Established Member
get the only true x pipe.. the magnaflow... it sounds the best and loudest.. i run flowies and i love the sound together.

Deftones

Established Member
I have been checking out the SSS catbacks and they sound really good, look great and are really in my budget. So I am sure I will get this system.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
UPR o/r x and bassanis. Here is a video of my old flame(rear ended by an idiot and totaled)

[ame=http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/xSouthernGun89x/machhh/?action=view&current=DSCI0896.flv]
th_DSCI0896.jpg
[/ame]

dark-knight

Established Member
IMO..i would get the mid-pipe first, cause thats gonna make more power than the cat-back, and give it awesome sound. i had the UPR Off-road X-pipe with stock manifolds and cat-back and it sounds very nice and had a deep tone. everyone thought i had a full exhaust. just my 2 cents though. for a cat-back though...stingers are pricey but sooo worth it!

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
IMO..i would get the mid-pipe first, cause thats gonna make more power than the cat-back, and give it awesome sound. i had the UPR Off-road X-pipe with stock manifolds and cat-back and it sounds very nice and had a deep tone. everyone thought i had a full exhaust. just my 2 cents though. for a cat-back though...stingers are pricey but sooo worth it!

x2
Mid pipe does a lot for sound and performance. I'd do that first.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Magnaflow catback, MAC O/R prochamber, MAC LT's. .....I'm biased.

Short 3rd to 4th flyby.
[youtube_browser]BjV54WI_uIs&hd=1[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

dark-knight

Established Member
thats what i have right now..UPR x-pipe with weld-in super 44's and 3.5in tips. i like the sound but for some reason on downshifts and some revs it sounds like theres nuts in the muffler, and it does NOT sound good at all...i'll get a video tomorrow since ive never done one before..

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
thats what i have right now..UPR x-pipe with weld-in super 44's and 3.5in tips. i like the sound but for some reason on downshifts and some revs it sounds like theres nuts in the muffler, and it does NOT sound good at all...i'll get a video tomorrow since ive never done one before..

That is because you are running a O/R X with a chambered Muffler like the Flows. They always sound like that. Now slap a H on there and it goes away :beer: X is better though :burnout:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
SSS FTW, JonhandRenae on M1R can get you a good deal on them and are great to deal with.

and it isnt what everyone in their dog has. they sound awesome.

I have a magnaflow o/r x with sss mufflers and it sounds awesome. loud as hell but awesome

02v6staang

Established Member
Im running the UPR off-road x with flow 40's....and i get comments all the time..yet i still want stingers

clc44

Established Member
Im running the UPR off-road x with flow 40's....and i get comments all the time..yet i still want stingers

I have the same set up and people like it. It's ok I guess but want something different smoother! The flows have a tin can sound IMO.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
If your going Longtubes later, why waste money on a h or x pipe when you'll need to change it when you go longtubes. Just get a magnaflow c/b, and hold off till you do the longtubes with a o/r x pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread