when do i apply the opti seal im new to this stuff here are my products i have

clearkote vanilla hand glaze
clearkote moose wax
duragloss 105
opti-seal

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Once you have a CLEAN surface. IE; after you've polished and wiped it down with IPA Alcohol...then you can apply OptiSeal.

Do not apply it over a wax or glaze. All the durability and goodness of the product will basically be lost.

If you don't need to polish, just wash the vehicle and give it an IPA wipedown, then apply OptiSeal.

Do not apply 105 over it. (basically a cleaner wax)

After it cures for 12hrs you can apply Carn. Moose Wax or any other traditional, pure wax over it (natty's blue, Souveran, etc. etc.) Just no cleaner waxes.

Blachatch

Established Member
so i can do:

vanilla hand glaze
opti seal then wait 12 hours
then moose wax?

so dont put the duragloss with the opti seal?????

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
No...

Get a CLEAN, product free surface.

Wash the vehicle, wipe it down wit IPA/Rubbing alcohol and a mf towel.

Apply OptiSeal, wait 12hrs.

THEN you can apply CMW if you want a softer, "warmer" look to the paint, but you don't have so long as you're happy with the look of the OptiSeal. OptiSeal is very durable.

I do not suggest using VMG under it. It will do you NO good and will not allow the OptiSeal to properly bond. Basically the OptiSeal will "float" the glaze on top of itself as it attempts to bond to the surface. So you won't get an even coating of OptiSeal and looks and durability will suffer. Reread what I said in my first post....

No, do not use the 105 at any point in conjunction with the OptiSeal, there is no point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread