Optima 34/78 Yellow good battery choice?

Noisycow

Mods B4 Food and Water
Established Member
Looking at replacing the Ls battery, is the Optima 34/78 (yellow) the model I need? There are also a lot of billet braces/hold-downs on Ebay for the 34/78 - will they all fit in the L for a secure mount or is there one in particular that will work the best in our trucks. Price is not an object when it comes to a battery; want the best only.

4Lance

Svt Nut
Established Member
ya i have the same one (yellow top) i love it....i had it in my sport-trac before my L. My stereo used to drop the volts all the way down even with a capacitor...then i got the yellow top and the volt gauge never moved. always starts right up quick so its worth the money if you got to buy one anyway?

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
yea yellow top is the way to go
42641035_l.jpg

Noisycow

Mods B4 Food and Water
Established Member
Having a hard time getting a straight answer from suppliers on a good choice for a mount for the battery - billet or otherwise. Does someone here know of an Optima mounting piece that will have everything I need, including an 'adaptor plate.' Thanks

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
NoisyCow- I just realized that my Dad has been bidding on the billet hold down for his street rod. Probably against you. That is still a smokin deal for that thing. They are super nice.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
00sVt Lightning said:
hey ford2001svt do you have to batteries in there?
TWO...

yea two are in there, my electrical load is more then average. i take one out at the track though

ViciousJay

Established Member
Ford2001svt lemme see your current Engine bay from JLP man, and what air filter r u running?

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
WhinNNFlyN03 said:
Ford2001svt lemme see your current Engine bay from JLP man, and what air filter r u running?
you going to the dyno saturday??? ill be there. the air filter is from razorsedge... johnny put the sock over it for me is all. its a 14" filter.

Noisycow

Mods B4 Food and Water
Established Member
ChrisNelson - I'll stop bidding them, I can wait ...

HOW ABOUT AN ANSWER! lol --- does anyone know of a specific/good Optima billet or otherwise brace that will fit (holes line up) with the stock battery old spot? I am caring less and less about it looking pretty as long as the damn thing fits.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Noisycow said:
Having a hard time getting a straight answer from suppliers on a good choice for a mount for the battery - billet or otherwise. Does someone here know of an Optima mounting piece that will have everything I need, including an 'adaptor plate.' Thanks

Check with California Car Cover Co. They sale a really sharp billet "box" for the Optima batteries. The "box" has two mounting holes in the bottom of it. And it's a really nice looking piece of equipment. Very simple install. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread