Optima Yellow top?

Pred_mech

Established Member
Anyone install one in their car yet? I did today and it doesn't really fit so I had to modify the wires... If you did can you post up a pic so I can compare or see if it can be done any cleaner.

-D

Pred_mech

Established Member
Her they go. I had to bend the ground wire mount and it fit just fine w/o further modification. Everything else on the other hand was a little more time consuming. I had to bend the power mount a lot to get everything to line up and still the fused block sits at an angle. I couldn't think of any other way unless I remote mounted it on to a rubber block and then ran a wire. I can put the red cover back on everything, I just have to trim it to wrap the weird angles.
DSCN0167_zpsd30625e7.jpg

DSCN0168_zpsac7f0f92.jpg

DSCN0169_zps73a16dcd.jpg

DSCN0170_zps0f283d1a.jpg

Pred_mech

Established Member
LC2i LOC. Pioneer Premier SPL 5000 amp. 2 Kicker 12 inch L7s and Boston SE85s in the doors with the Shaker 500. I have the amp all the way down and if I turn it up in the garage I can knock stuff off shelves lol.

kingnut

Established Member
Her they go. I had to bend the ground wire mount and it fit just fine w/o further modification. Everything else on the other hand was a little more time consuming. I had to bend the power mount a lot to get everything to line up and still the fused block sits at an angle. I couldn't think of any other way unless I remote mounted it on to a rubber block and then ran a wire. I can put the red cover back on everything, I just have to trim it to wrap the weird angles.
DSCN0167_zpsd30625e7.jpg

DSCN0168_zpsac7f0f92.jpg

DSCN0169_zps73a16dcd.jpg

DSCN0170_zps0f283d1a.jpg

why not spend $10 and get a positive and negative battery terminals.

61C6lyNoZ3L._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:

Pred_mech

Established Member
I almost did, but the positive bracket has 2 fusible links that would not bolt into one of the aftermarket ones. Unless I remote mounted it on to a rubber block and ran more wires. It was more convenient to just bend the factory one and extend the wires.

Users who are viewing this thread