Ordered 03 for spring delivery today.

Black03Vert

I have been thinking of buying a sports car for years now, and finally did it. I have bought a number of vehicles from my salesman and gave him a call yesterday just to ask him about the 03 cobra and he told me all allocations are gone for there dealership, except 1 convertable for spring. and its mine at X-plan, so I gave him $500 and we placed my order. Black vert, spoiler, and polished wheels( if available). I feel I had to jump at this because of the price. I am a little torn because I am also interested in a corvette or M3, but one will 15K more and the other almost 25K more. Yes I can afford the vette or M3, but I find it hard to spend that much more for a weekend seasonal car. What I want to know is - Do you guys love your car or not? I love the looks and power of the cobra, I just don't love the interior and plasticky dash. Any pictures would be appreciated of some black convertables or any other convertables. My salesman did not know about polished wheels for spring, does anyone know? Please give me any kind of feedback and be honest, Thanks.

BBriBro

Established Member
The Cobra has been compared to the Vette and the M3 many times, Even by people who have owned both, and have real life experience with each. There are numerous pictures of Black cobras posted on this forum, some verts, some stock, some with aftermarket exhaust, some with zaino, some with the plastic still from shipping, you name it, its here. Just click the search button and type M3 or Vette. And do it again and search for Pics

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Like BBriBro said, many here considered the cars you mentioned. I had an order for an m3 vert and the cobra. You just need to understand the strenghts/weakness of each car. I LOVE mine and so does everyone that rides in it (and alot of people who stop me to talk about it:D ) Heres a couple of pics of mine, just scroll down alittle

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17856

jason

RingTheory

Established Member
I remember when I first looked upon the 99+ Stang interior...I thought it looked cheapy, somewhat high-schoolish. This was after I had owned the BMW and Mercedes. The Germans know how to make a person feel spoiled with their interiors. I was hoping Ford would have made the interior more mature for the 03 Cobra, but my disappointment disappeared as fast as the other drivers in my rearview mirror. I love my Cobra, and I am happy I did not buy a 2002 Z06 or M3.

In retrospect, it seems that the Z3s and Boxters are more of a girl car. I'm glad I got rid of my Z3. Well built, but way too prissy(Miata-like). IMO, BMW has leaned more toward cars that resemble the "flaming gay bodybuilder" instead of the testosterone-flooded American Muscle machine.

Great work SVT! Now we need a 1000hp Ford to compete with Bugatti.

key2you

Established Member
I was the first one in my area to recieve my cobra (recieved on 6-18-02). Alot of people, not in the know, thought something was different but didn't know what until they were reading my bumper. I have displaced m3 and vettes alike. When they catch up to me they want to know what type of cobra mine was. When I told them it was a 2003 they wanted to have a look see. I had a 1996 cobra w/ alot of mods and my 03 would kick it's ass. I really enjoy the car, it's handling, looks and it's speed. You won't be disappointed. The only thing I will say is when you do get you vert watch out for the bug. You will get it....

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by Black03Vert
<snip> What I want to know is - Do you guys love your car or not? </snip>

You have GOT to be kidding?! Look around this board for a while. You'll see. HELL, look how much time I spent on my sig alone! :)

In a word......yes. I think it's safe to say we LOVE our cars (however I can't speak for everyone). Some mod'd, some stock. Men, women. It's V-8 muscle, at it's finest (also for at least $12,000 less!) :-D

Orange Poison

Established Member
You will love this Car!!!!! Absolutely....Positively....Garanteed!

It will put a shit grin on your face from ear to ear....:D

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by bluecoupdegrace
"Do you guys love your car or not?"

This is a trick question, right !!??
YES YES and another YES! Does that answer your question?

RingTheory- I love your avatar, that angle and PIC! Sweet!

Yes, I love my car. Just read through the '03 Cobra section of this board! Yes there are some problems with the car, but not on all of them. Not anymore than any other brand. It's a great car that I've been waiting a LONG time to find and buy. I'm definately glad I got it!

I haven't heard about the release of the chrome wheels yet. I am waiting and if you want the best info on when they will be released, this is the place to find that info out!

It is NOT a sports car. It's big and it's heavy. It is a Mustang that has had many years of refinement and is the best of the breed so far, IMO.

Welcome to the Blue Oval!
:beer:

Last edited:

Friendchicken

The interior- specifically the console/dash is a bit conservative, but you can certainly dress it up with the brushed aluminum/billet look.

My buddy has a C5 and colour me crazy, I wouldn't do an even swap.

Users who are viewing this thread