Ordered 08' Gt500 Today

Fastfords

Established Member
NO CAR FOR ME. GM OF DEALER SAID CAR IS ALREADY SOLD. I HAVE EVEN LESS FAITH IN DEALERS THAN I HAD WHICH I DID NOT THINK WAS POSSIBLE.

I ordered a Vista Blue w/White stripes, upgraded interior and HID headlamps. Just have to sit back and wait for it to show up. Good Luck to everyone who is currently looking for a car. It will happen if you try hard enough.:beer:

Last edited:

03reptile

Established Member
I had done the same thing as you and was told ETA could be a long wait (up to a year) My dealer was able to obtain one last 07 allocation for me and its being built the week of June 18th. Did they give you a price for the MSRP on the 2008? Was there an increase in the gas guzzler tax? I would have liked to have ordered the HIDs but had to get the 2007 without them.

Fastfords

Established Member
03reptile said:
I had done the same thing as you and was told ETA could be a long wait (up to a year) My dealer was able to obtain one last 07 allocation for me and its being built the week of June 18th. Did they give you a price for the MSRP on the 2008? Was there an increase in the gas guzzler tax? I would have liked to have ordered the HIDs but had to get the 2007 without them."

No price on car. I have heard the guzzler tax will increase as well. HID's are supposed to be $525 or so. A local dealer sent me a today only special price on a 07 Tungsten car at $12,500 over msrp. Yea, right.

2manystangs

Established Member
Fastfords said:
I ordered a Vista Blue w/White stripes, upgraded interior and HID headlamps. Just have to sit back and wait for it to show up. Good Luck to everyone who is currently looking for a car. It will happen if you try hard enough.:beer:
Did they tell you what the adm would be if any?

Fastfords

Established Member
2manystangs said:
Did they tell you what the adm would be if any?

Of course, that was the first thing discussed. 6K over msrp. No other dealer offered any less and I offered multiple dealers 5k over for 07's on their lot which were not necessarily the color I wanted. Got to order what I wanted and have it drop shipped to a dealer near me. My luck is not that good so I took the deal. I hope all the people waiting for msrp find a dealer willing to do so.

slowtealz28

Established Member
Congratulations man. My dad has one, but its white w/the blue stripes. The stance and presence is just insane. People are constantly giving us thumbs up and asking us about the car every where we go

Not to hijack the thread, but on another note, can someone please post something for me on this board? I have never been banned but for some reason I cannot start a new thread or quote people. I need to talk about a problem my dad is having w/his shelby, about the stripes falling off. I tried e-mailing tech and they never got back to me. Anyways, sorry to hijack and if someone could please PM me, we would both appreciate it. Sorry and thanks.

ToddL

Established Member
Congrats Fastfords. I'm glad to see you found a dealer. Was the dealer in AZ? We need a few more GT500's in PHX. I have only seen 2 others around.

poopeater

Established Member
ToddL said:
Congrats Fastfords. I'm glad to see you found a dealer. Was the dealer in AZ? We need a few more GT500's in PHX. I have only seen 2 others around.
I saw a white with alloy stripes on Dobson/Chandler a couple of days ago. My neck snapped back so fast, I almost crashed into the guy in front of me. The white/alloy stripes looked awesome.

That was the first GT500 I've seen around here (other than the $80k showroom queens)

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
I need to talk about a problem my dad is having w/his shelby, about the stripes falling off.

Tell him to take it in and make them fix it... it will be covered under warranty but make sure they have the stripe replacement part in before taking the car to them.

Fastfords

Established Member
ToddL said:

I ordered from a dealer in Illinois. The car will be shipped to a local dealer. I have never seen a Shelby on the road here. Sad part is I will only be seeing the hood of mine while I drive it. First place I will be taking it will be the Scottsdale Pavillions on a Saturday night.

Angel

aLL JaCkeD uP
Established Member
poopeater said:
I saw a white with alloy stripes on Dobson/Chandler a couple of days ago. My neck snapped back so fast, I almost crashed into the guy in front of me. The white/alloy stripes looked awesome.

That was the first GT500 I've seen around here (other than the $80k showroom queens)

Every time I roll mine it causes crashes and even if, I stay way back from any other cars. Usually, the onlooker curbs their car. Sad thing because of the danger of the onlooker's unattentiveness. :(

As for not seeing many, I think they are all here in TX! Went to a boardwalk street show recently and there were 3 white ones, a red one and a vista blue one! We lined up the three white ones and took pics. I'll look for them and get them up if i can. It was neat to see so many in a street setting.

Next meet, I showed up in the Roush and all were asking where's the GT500? I replied that I decided to roll "something different". :D

Congrats on the Order Fastfords! VB is a nice color. :beer:

Go to a Ford dealer,and they will take care of any problem under waranity.It makes no difference where you purchased it at. Any Ford dealer has to honor the Ford Factory Waranity,as long as it's not out of waranity,or you did mods and caused the problem.But stripping should be under waranity,no matter where it was bought. Go to your nearest Ford Dealer,and show them your stripping that's giving you concern,and they will just order new one's for it,and install them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread