Ordered JBA's

XtraVenom03

Established Member
I just got back from the Speed Shop and ordered some JBAs and a Mac H pipe. I put the American Thunder system on my car already. I think this is a pretty good setup????

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
How does the AT catback sound? Like a DOHC Cobra with two-chambered Flows? Throaty, big-block burble/rumble?

Silver 03 Cobra

Do you have a web address to The Speed Shop?. Did you go with 1 5/8 ceramic and if so what are the cost for a set?

Thanks,
Larry

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03Snake
Do you have a web address to The Speed Shop?. Did you go with 1 5/8 ceramic and if so what are the cost for a set?

Thanks,
Larry

I put the JBA ceramic-coated shorties on my '01 Bullitt and let me tell you......IT WAS A PITA!!! It took me 16hrs. without dropping the K-member (that's what I'd do next time). I paid $379 for them in a GP that was held on Corral.net about a year ago. Quoted labor was anywhere from $400-$875 for installation and the gains were minimal on my N/A car. However, on the '03 you'd probably pick up a pretty nice amount of power.

Mark

Silver 03 Cobra

mjchip, that was a very good deal. There is a dude on BON that has the very same set new and he wants $500 plush shipping. I made an offer of $400 before he came back with the $500. I think he'll have a hard time selling them at that price. I think I can probably get a brand new set pretty close to that.

5.0 mag did a test on a blown 01 Cobra and got over 30 rwhp. I would expect the same results on the 03.

I put a set of BBK LT's on my 01 Cobra and I dropped the k-member. Working off the ground I did it in 10 hours and that included 1.5 hours lengthening the front O2 sensor wires plus removing and reinstalling the Ford subframe connectors since it was a vert. I think I could probably do the JBA's in 6 hours now that I know what I'm doing. Dropping the k-member is the only way to go. There is not one single bolt or nut that is hard to get to.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Personally if I am going to drop the k-member and pay that much then might as well install long tubes. Maximum Motorsports sells JBA that is were I bought the ones for my 95 Cobra they are good guys to talk to. I had then for 6 years and never had a problem with them even thoug I probably removed my H-pipe 20 times in that period.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/jba.html

The headers for an 01 with jethot coating and 1 5/8 is 630 so I would expect the 03 to be close or the same.

monkeywrench

Actually, the guy on BON has a set for a 4V mustang not a 2V, and the only size JBA offers for the 2V is 1 1/2 inch and the ones he is selling are 1 5/8 inch (with ceramic coating) so $500 sounds pretty good to me. If I didn't already have some (spent too much for mine apparently=$635) I would snap them up. Sounds like a pretty good deal.
Hell, they're $130 cheaper than what Maximum Motorsports wants for the same headers.

just my $0.02
Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread