Ordered my 2014!

Matt S

FLY USMC
Established Member
So two weeks ago I ordered a White 2014 SuperCab, luxury package, moonroof, no bead locks (buying my buddies beadlocks, because he wants a different wheel). The first time I went in the dealer said they had no more allocations for 2014, but they called Ford the next day and got the green light to order one more. They also tried to play the adjusted dealer mark-up game for a min, but I told them I would pay MSRP and not a penny more...MSRP it is.

So now I wait. They said it should be June when I see the truck. Ordering it was very anit-climatic. It took five minutes and I never signed anything or gave them any deposit. It kinda makes me wonder if it will ever show up. I can't wait to get it!

I needed a kick to get back into the forums. The Cobra has been chilling in the garage all winter. Also, the Cobra stays I'm selling the Explorer.

:rockon:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Your gonna love it!
I waited 6 weeks for my 2012 and 4 months for my 14!

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
So two weeks ago I ordered a White 2014 SuperCab, luxury package, moonroof, no bead locks (buying my buddies beadlocks, because he wants a different wheel). ...

Matt,

Congrats on your new truck. :) I'm happy to track it through the build process -- just send me a PM with your VIN or order number and dealer code. I'll give you weekly updates!

Ashley

Bad Company

Established Member
I would be very suspicious as to whether the dealer is giving you the run around on his allocation or the fact that he claims that he ordered you the new 2014 Raptor for you. I just went through hell trying to find or order a new 2014 Raptor last week to replace my 2010 Raptor damaged in an accident. I have a 2010 Raptor with a 6.2L in it. On 4-8-14 a 26 year old girl was traveling westbound on a 4 lane road while texting on her phone and not paying attention to her driving. In front of her in the same lane and direction of travel was a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Both of these vehicles were in the left lane of the two westbound lanes of this 4 lane road. The Jeep came to a stop to make a left turn into the private driveway of an office building. The Jeep was waiting on me, who was traveling in the left lane of the two lanes going eastbound to go by him, so he could make his left turn. The girl was looking at her phone while also driving roughly 15 mph above the posted speed limit. The speed limit on this road is 35 mph. When she finally looked up and saw the stopped Jeep Liberty in front of her, she did try to take evasive action to miss the Jeep, she swerved to the right and applied her brakes. This girl was driving a 1997 Honda Accord. She struck the Jeep Liberty in the right rear corner, but most of the force of the impact was to the Jeep's right rear tire and wheel with her left front corner of her car. She was swerving to the right, while also standing on the brakes of her car before impact. The impact was hard enough and the front of her car had dropped low enough with the braking force that the nose of her car submarined under the right rear portion of the bumper of the Jeep. The Jeep's right rear bumper rode up the left side of the hood of her car until the left portion of her front bumper struck the right rear tire and wheel assembly of the Jeep. She actually got so far under the rear of the Jeep that she picked it up and spun it into my oncoming travel lane. I immediately whipped the wheel of my truck to the right to keep from going head on with my left front corner with the Jeep's right front corner while the Jeep that was still in the air and rotated 90* into my lane of travel. Needless to say I couldn't totally miss the Jeep. The Jeep impacted me left front tire slightly. The main portion of the Jeeps impact was in the left rear door of the SuperCab and left rear wheel and tire assembly. But the damage is from the front to the rear and the areas needing paint is the complete left side. I need a new wheel and tire.

The gist of my post is this. I got in a major argument about diminished value with this girl's insurance company. I also got in a major argument about using used and aftermarket parts on this truck. My own insurance company's contracted bodyshop estimate to repair the truck was $9200. Plus they wanted to leave the claim open for hidden damage, due to the fact the steering wheel was no longer straight with the red stripe dead center at the top when traveling in a straight line. They were worried about a bent rear axle housing or something in the steering rack itself, since they couldn't see a bent tie rod end. The girl's insurance company's bodyshop came up with a $6600 estimate. They wanted to use used parts and didn't think anything was bent structurally, even though the steering wheel was no longer straight.

I got so fed up with dealing with this after 2 days that I took the truck to the Ford dealer to trade in on a new Ruby Red SE I saw sitting there a week earlier. Unfortunately they sold it the day before I stopped by to purchase it. The Ford dealer said he could order me one. So we sat down, I gave them the specs. He gave me a fair price on my trade, until it came down to diminished value. He deducted $7500 for a CarFax showing a substantial accident history. I figured I would argue that point with the insurance company after the fact and placed the order for the new Raptor. I was dealing with the sales manager, not a salesman. Unfortunately he called me back 4 hours after the deal to let me know that Ford wouldn't allow him to order a new truck. He told me to get on the Internet and find what I wanted ASAP and to purchase it, because Ford is stopping Raptor production early compared to the rest of the 2014 F-150 production. Maybe he was out of allocation when he made the deal in the morning and thought he could get another one for me. I don't know. But he really said. "If you want one, you better find it now in inventory and buy it, because there are no more to be built" This was on 4-10-14. Fortunately I found a new Ruby Red SE SuperCrew in MN that is still in transit to the dealer. The dealer should have it ready for me to pick up in a week.

IMG_0295.gif

IMG_0293.gif

IMG_0302.gif

IMG_0304.gif

IMG_0303.gif

IMG_0307.gif

IMG_0308.gif

IMG_0309.gif

Burlybear

Established Member
Unfortunately he called me back 4 hours after the deal to let me know that Ford wouldn't allow him to order a new truck. He told me to get on the Internet and find what I wanted ASAP and to purchase it, because Ford is stopping Raptor production early compared to the rest of the 2014 F-150 production. Maybe he was out of allocation when he made the deal in the morning and thought he could get another one for me. I don't know. But he really said. "If you want one, you better find it now in inventory and buy it, because there are no more to be built" This was on 4-10-14. Fortunately I found a new Ruby Red SE SuperCrew in MN that is still in transit to the dealer. The dealer should have it ready for me to pick up in a week.

html][/URL]

the dealer I work for just received allocation for 7 new Raptors this morning from Ford. They are scheduled for June build. These are real orders they put in the order bank. they can also be altered, color/options up to the time that they get scheduled and issued a vin#. So they are out there for order still, but the dealer must have allocations. They probably will not be delivered until late July, August. Sorry to hear about your accident!!

Matt S

FLY USMC
Established Member
Thank you everybody! I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it! Bad Company - I'm sorry to hear about your truck, that sucks! It sounds like the dealer you were going through was out of allocations. The dealer I went through had one left and they had to fight for that, which was the trouble I had early on. However, I think I got it done and it's legit. I will know soon thanks to Ashley! The dealer said they don't have visibility on the status of the build, which kind of bummed me out so kudos to Ashley and thanks again for offering that up!

Matt

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
... However, I think I got it done and it's legit. I will know soon thanks to Ashley! The dealer said they don't have visibility on the status of the build, which kind of bummed me out so kudos to Ashley and thanks again for offering that up!

Matt

No problem, Matt. It looks like you're good to go! I just sent you a PM.

Ashley

Bad Company

Established Member
Thanks guys. with the way my local dealership left it with me, I assumed the Raptor orders were done for the year. He is one of the larger dealers in Northern Virginia and he has sold quite a few Raptors this year from what I've seen when I've had mine in for service. He always had another one there to sell. So I guess he was out of allocation. But it all worked out in the end. I found exactly what I wanted at a fair price from a dealer in the mid west.

I replaced the wrecked Raptor with this

IMG_0327.gif

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys. with the way my local dealership left it with me, I assumed the Raptor orders were done for the year. He is one of the larger dealers in Northern Virginia and he has sold quite a few Raptors this year from what I've seen when I've had mine in for service. He always had another one there to sell. So I guess he was out of allocation. But it all worked out in the end. I found exactly what I wanted at a fair price from a dealer in the mid west.

I replaced the wrecked Raptor with this

IMG_0327.gif

Glad you are back in a Raptor. Looks nice!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I would be very suspicious as to whether the dealer is giving you the run around on his allocation or the fact that he claims that he ordered you the new 2014 Raptor for you. I just went through hell trying to find or order a new 2014 Raptor last week to replace my 2010 Raptor damaged in an accident. I have a 2010 Raptor with a 6.2L in it. On 4-8-14 a 26 year old girl was traveling westbound on a 4 lane road while texting on her phone and not paying attention to her driving. In front of her in the same lane and direction of travel was a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Both of these vehicles were in the left lane of the two westbound lanes of this 4 lane road. The Jeep came to a stop to make a left turn into the private driveway of an office building. The Jeep was waiting on me, who was traveling in the left lane of the two lanes going eastbound to go by him, so he could make his left turn. The girl was looking at her phone while also driving roughly 15 mph above the posted speed limit. The speed limit on this road is 35 mph. When she finally looked up and saw the stopped Jeep Liberty in front of her, she did try to take evasive action to miss the Jeep, she swerved to the right and applied her brakes. This girl was driving a 1997 Honda Accord. She struck the Jeep Liberty in the right rear corner, but most of the force of the impact was to the Jeep's right rear tire and wheel with her left front corner of her car. She was swerving to the right, while also standing on the brakes of her car before impact. The impact was hard enough and the front of her car had dropped low enough with the braking force that the nose of her car submarined under the right rear portion of the bumper of the Jeep. The Jeep's right rear bumper rode up the left side of the hood of her car until the left portion of her front bumper struck the right rear tire and wheel assembly of the Jeep. She actually got so far under the rear of the Jeep that she picked it up and spun it into my oncoming travel lane. I immediately whipped the wheel of my truck to the right to keep from going head on with my left front corner with the Jeep's right front corner while the Jeep that was still in the air and rotated 90* into my lane of travel. Needless to say I couldn't totally miss the Jeep. The Jeep impacted me left front tire slightly. The main portion of the Jeeps impact was in the left rear door of the SuperCab and left rear wheel and tire assembly. But the damage is from the front to the rear and the areas needing paint is the complete left side. I need a new wheel and tire.

The gist of my post is this. I got in a major argument about diminished value with this girl's insurance company. I also got in a major argument about using used and aftermarket parts on this truck. My own insurance company's contracted bodyshop estimate to repair the truck was $9200. Plus they wanted to leave the claim open for hidden damage, due to the fact the steering wheel was no longer straight with the red stripe dead center at the top when traveling in a straight line. They were worried about a bent rear axle housing or something in the steering rack itself, since they couldn't see a bent tie rod end. The girl's insurance company's bodyshop came up with a $6600 estimate. They wanted to use used parts and didn't think anything was bent structurally, even though the steering wheel was no longer straight.

I got so fed up with dealing with this after 2 days that I took the truck to the Ford dealer to trade in on a new Ruby Red SE I saw sitting there a week earlier. Unfortunately they sold it the day before I stopped by to purchase it. The Ford dealer said he could order me one. So we sat down, I gave them the specs. He gave me a fair price on my trade, until it came down to diminished value. He deducted $7500 for a CarFax showing a substantial accident history. I figured I would argue that point with the insurance company after the fact and placed the order for the new Raptor. I was dealing with the sales manager, not a salesman. Unfortunately he called me back 4 hours after the deal to let me know that Ford wouldn't allow him to order a new truck. He told me to get on the Internet and find what I wanted ASAP and to purchase it, because Ford is stopping Raptor production early compared to the rest of the 2014 F-150 production. Maybe he was out of allocation when he made the deal in the morning and thought he could get another one for me. I don't know. But he really said. "If you want one, you better find it now in inventory and buy it, because there are no more to be built" This was on 4-10-14. Fortunately I found a new Ruby Red SE SuperCrew in MN that is still in transit to the dealer. The dealer should have it ready for me to pick up in a week.

IMG_0295.gif

IMG_0293.gif

IMG_0302.gif

IMG_0304.gif

IMG_0303.gif

IMG_0307.gif

IMG_0308.gif

IMG_0309.gif

Damn that was a pretty hard hit

Bad Company

Established Member
Damn that was a pretty hard hit
Yes it was. I was surprised that the side impact airbag didn't go off. But I was very happy with the structural integrity of the SuperCab door system without a center post between the two doors. The two bodyshops that gave me estimates looked at the hinge and latch areas very closely for the rear door to make sure that the door didn't pull the roof down or the door sill up. Neither of them could find damage to these areas. As bowed out at the rear top corner of the door was, I was surprised it didn't break the rear glass also. I was also surprised to see the Jeep's crash bumper bent down and shoved underneath the radiator support. One witness claimed the Jeep was completely off the ground when it was pinched between my truck and the girls Honda. The Jeep is facing 180* from its original direction and is in the opposite direction travel lane from where it started, but there wasn't any skid marks left on the pavement from being spun like a top on the pavement.

The one thing I did learn from this experience is that Ford is shutting down the order banks earlier for the 6.2L V-8 1/2 ton pick up trucks sometime in May when compared to the rest of the engine options for this model year. All 6.2L V-8 engine 1/2 ton pick-up trucks are built in Dearborn. The Dearborn plant is closing earlier for the conversion to the new 2015 body style. The Kansas plant will continue to run the 2014 body style until the Dearborn plant is back up and running the new 2015 body style. The Kansas plant doesn't have the tooling for the 6.2L engines to install them or the special wheel alignment equipment used for the Raptors that Dearborn does. So if anybody is serious about ordering a Raptor from a dealer that does have an allocation left, you need to do it in the next few weeks, otherwise you won't be able to do it in June. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ford to start pulling Raptor allocations away from dealers if the order bank starts to fill too quickly for what is left

Last edited:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Yes it was. I was surprised that the side impact airbag didn't go off. But I was very happy with the structural integrity of the SuperCab door system without a center post between the two doors. The two bodyshops that gave me estimates looked at the hinge and latch areas very closely for the rear door to make sure that the door didn't pull the roof down or the door sill up. Neither of them could find damage to these areas. As bowed out at the rear top corner of the door was, I was surprised it didn't break the rear glass also. I was also surprised to see the Jeep's crash bumper bent down and shoved underneath the radiator support. One witness claimed the Jeep was completely off the ground when it was pinched between my truck and the girls Honda. The Jeep is facing 180* from its original direction and is in the opposite direction travel lane from where it started, but there wasn't any skid marks left on the pavement from being spun like a top on the pavement.

The one thing I did learn from this experience is that Ford is shutting down the order banks earlier for the 6.2L V-8 1/2 ton pick up trucks sometime in May when compared to the rest of the engine options for this model year. All 6.2L V-8 engine 1/2 ton pick-up trucks are built in Dearborn. The Dearborn plant is closing earlier for the conversion to the new 2015 body style. The Kansas plant will continue to run the 2014 body style until the Dearborn plant is back up and running the new 2015 body style. The Kansas plant doesn't have the tooling for the 6.2L engines to install them or the special wheel alignment equipment used for the Raptors that Dearborn does. So if anybody is serious about ordering a Raptor from a dealer that does have an allocation left, you need to do it in the next few weeks, otherwise you won't be able to do it in June. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ford to start pulling Raptor allocations away from dealers if the order bank starts to fill too quickly for what is left

Glad you walked away unharmed:dancenana:

Bad Company

Established Member
Glad you walked away unharmed:dancenana:
I walked away, but I was in the process of recovering from major back surgery. This accident has caused the healing process to be significantly effected. At this time the surgeon wants to wait to see how bad it screwed things up. If I was healthy at the time there is no question in my mind that I wouldn't have had an injury.

Bad Company

Established Member
Glad you are back in a Raptor. Looks nice!
I love these trucks for there comfort and style, but I am not particularly fond of their appetite for gasoline. The good things far out weigh this small negative even though I drive roughly 20K miles or more a year in it.

The Ruby Red is an awesome color on these trucks. Thanks for the kudos

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I walked away, but I was in the process of recovering from major back surgery. This accident has caused the healing process to be significantly effected. At this time the surgeon wants to wait to see how bad it screwed things up. If I was healthy at the time there is no question in my mind that I wouldn't have had an injury.

Sorry to hear this - Get better and hopefully your recovery will go well.

Users who are viewing this thread