Ordered my Fist Mod....

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
I ordered a MGW Short Throw Shifter Yesterday...I'm excited! I called them up since they are a local company here in Georiga, I told the guy on the phone that his companies shifter has quite the reputation on these boards! He said it should be shipping Wed of next week! :banana:

I Plan on ordering the parts to do my gears, and some Subframe connectors as well as soon as I get a PM back from Nick over at AmericanMuscle.com as I read where they give SVTperformance.com members a discount code and well in todays economy discounts are greatly appreciated!

I think I might wait until this clutch is completely shot before getting a new one installed, I did however get the part numbers from FRPP as to what I need to order to put the 03/04 cobra clutch in, its about the same cost as the Spec. I did have the part numbers wrote down on a post-it note here on my desk but it seems to have walked off!

-Adam

CobraKalas

Established Member
Sounds awesome man! First mods are always the most fun. I used a discount code for AM.com earlier today and I'm sure its the same discount that SVTP would get (PM me if u want it) those Subframe connectors should really stiffen things up for you. What gears are you getting? 4.10 is the minimum for these cars, I have a set of 4.30s sitting in my closet just dying to get put in.

wma8706

Established Member
I agree. First mod is always the most fun. After that ... If you've got saved $$ ....you become like a crack addict in improving the base performance of your car. I love these cars cause the aftermarket is second to none and affordable compared to other performance cars in the market.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I've given my car plenty of fist mods, finger mods and foot-to-the-balls mods over the years.

Ohhh, you meant fiRst mod... gotach. LOL, just kidding.

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
I just purchased this car last week and it's pretty much stock with Flows welded in and a K&N in the factory airbox. It has 116k miles and it runs great, I looked the car over from top to bottom. The guy I bough it from bought it in 02 with 40k miles and just drove it back and forth to work everyday for the last 7 years, which most of his comute was highway miles. Man it sure feels great to be back in a Mustang again!

Thanks,

Adam

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
you're screwed now, man! It only gets worse from here!! HAHA! congrats on the shifter! You won't be disappointed

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I just purchased this car last week and it's pretty much stock with Flows welded in and a K&N in the factory airbox. It has 116k miles and it runs great, I looked the car over from top to bottom. The guy I bough it from bought it in 02 with 40k miles and just drove it back and forth to work everyday for the last 7 years, which most of his comute was highway miles. Man it sure feels great to be back in a Mustang again!

Thanks,

Adam

Sounds like you have a solid foundation to work on. I remember when a shifter and gears were all that I was going to do to mine:lol1:

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
congrats man, you will really enjoy the shifter. oh the addiction of modding...lol This summer I said I was going to only do a cat-back and shifter, well I did that, then I added on springs, shocks/sturts, C/C plates, rims/tires new window tint and proper detailing tools. The extra money was just speaking to me, "mod the cobra!" lol.

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I've given my car plenty of fist mods, finger mods and foot-to-the-balls mods over the years.

Ohhh, you meant fiRst mod... gotach. LOL, just kidding.

:lol::lol:

i have woven some obscene tapestries in my garage while under my bastard stepchild lemmie tell ya!

i was ready to take a hammer to it once as well lol

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
I paid 8k for it, bought it off CraigsList from an individual who had owned the car since 02, he put the majority of the miles on it driving back and forth to work. I looked all over autotrader and most of the 99's I saw were around 12k and the 01's were all 14-15k, course most of the 99's and 01's I saw averaged about 60k miles on them, so I figure I didn't steal the car for 8k but it was't a bad deal considering the absolute mint condition this car appears to be in. So far it's ran flawlessly with no hiccups, it was extreamly clean inside and out with only minior rock chips on the front, no dents or dings anywhere and the interior was jam up with very little wear on the leather. The only thing I can honestly say is wrong with the car is the CD player is going out and a few speakers appear to have seen better days...but that should be expected from a 10 year old car, Had I had it new those speakers wouldn't have lasted me more than a few years since I play my metal music LOUD AND PROUD!

-Adam

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Sounds like you have a solid foundation to work on. I remember when a shifter and gears were all that I was going to do to mine:lol1:
I can relate, I was only gonna do a K&N filter and shifter and look what it turned into!! haha!!:rockon:
Enjoy the new Car and crank the METAL on Full Volume!!

Last edited:

Charles236

Established Member
The only mod that I wanted to do was a shifter, then gears, then a cat-back, then.... Now, five and a half years later, I can't remember all the mods that I have installed unless I spend some time with a pad, pen and folder of receipts (about 3/4 of an inch thick).

01svtdude

what is traction
Established Member
I paid 8k for it, bought it off CraigsList from an individual who had owned the car since 02, he put the majority of the miles on it driving back and forth to work. I looked all over autotrader and most of the 99's I saw were around 12k and the 01's were all 14-15k, course most of the 99's and 01's I saw averaged about 60k miles on them, so I figure I didn't steal the car for 8k but it was't a bad deal considering the absolute mint condition this car appears to be in. So far it's ran flawlessly with no hiccups, it was extreamly clean inside and out with only minior rock chips on the front, no dents or dings anywhere and the interior was jam up with very little wear on the leather. The only thing I can honestly say is wrong with the car is the CD player is going out and a few speakers appear to have seen better days...but that should be expected from a 10 year old car, Had I had it new those speakers wouldn't have lasted me more than a few years since I play my metal music LOUD AND PROUD!

-Adam

not bad i picked up my vert for 10,000 with 94,000 miles and excellent condition in and out with about a few grand of mods and upgrades so i saved some money there and i was more impressed when i got that thing on a lift and not a single fluid leak and super clean.

Users who are viewing this thread