Ordered New CCW SP16A Hybrid for my GT500

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
After riding on Fikse profil 5 after almost 2 years I sold them to give my GT500 a new look. I had 18's with the Fikse to run the Mickey Thompson ET street II. Back then they didn't make 19 inch drag radials and with the 700 horse power I made back then with the Kenne Bell, I wanted more traction. My car has been undergoing a different build with a Twin Turbo Setup and a built motor. Along the way I purchase a set of WELD RTS drag pack with mickey thompson ET street II to get more side wall for my new found power.

Here was my setup with the Fikse:
P1000526.jpg

Here is my setup with the WELD RTS Drag Pack.
weldrts_zps7cdaf925.jpg

Recently some one offered to buy my Fikse's at a good price so I sold them and then I went shopping for another set of custom wheels. Having owned some CCW's in the past I knew about the quality that CCW carried and I like dealing with John the owner. So I called him up and to talk to him about my next set of wheels.

Initially I wanted some LM5 wheels but the biggest they made those wheels were 18's and I didn't want to go with another set of 18s. So he suggest some monoblock wheels. The monoblock wheel wasn't really the type of wheels I was looking for. I prefer the look of multi-piece wheels so John brought out his new stuff he's been playing around with. He made the design of the monoblock wheels in a hybrid 2 piece version. When he showed me pictures I fell in love. He made a 1 wheel prototype for pictures purposes and so those pics made me hooked.
971651_10151385356055916_634933889_n.jpg

181197_10151386440470916_1173071533_n.jpg

944400_10151384980120916_2109016843_n.jpg

John said that my order was his very first order of these Hybrid line of wheels. I can't wait to get them and put them on my car. I will post pictures once I receive them and mount them on my car.

Here is a picture of the manufacturing process of CCW making my wheels from start to finish:
400745_10151415523670916_1898083984_n.jpg

*********************************UPDATE***********************
CCW just got my wheels back from powder coating, I can't wait to receive them. To bad my car is still down for my build.

sp16agt500_zpsd128c6c6.jpg

Mounted with Mickey Thompsons 305/35/19 ET Streets.

*********************************UPDATE***********************
9-25-2013
null_zps87595a75.jpg

These are my wheels test fitted on a car local to CCW.
John at CCW try to find a GT500 to put the wheels on. The guy that said he would come didn't show up. So he had to find a 5.0 to test fit on. And then he did this photo shoot. I have to say I'm real excited and can't wait to receive the wheels.

UPDATE iPhone Pics...

null_zpsa4b050b5.jpg

null_zpsb3353f60.jpg

Last edited:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Sick wheels bro. I saw them posted on their FB page a Lil while back. It's going to look amazing when you get them on.

Just please get the right tires. Too beefy a sidewall won't do them justice

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
They are sick wheels. I called CCW and talked to Chip and John about possibly switching to them when they first debuted them the end of May.

hittinboost

Established Member
They look sick, too bad they don't have a chrome option. I've gone the polished forged wheel route before, and IMO it sucked keeping them clean and scratch free.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I've always thought that CCW has some of the sickest wheels. Those look amazing I can't wait to see. I plan going with SP500's.

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
Those are awesome man! CCW, love them wheels. If I had enough money to throw in some wheels I would have a great debate deciding between BBS/HRE/CCW. No matter the style, they always looks so performance oriented.

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Sick wheels bro. I saw them posted on their FB page a Lil while back. It's going to look amazing when you get them on.

Just please get the right tires. Too beefy a sidewall won't do them justice

John is outfitting the rear wheels with Mickey Thompson ET Street II in a 305/35/19 Drag radial. It shouldn't be to beefy.
images

They are sick wheels. I called CCW and talked to Chip and John about possibly switching to them when they first debuted them the end of May.

I sold my old wheels the week before Their facebook page debuted them and John told me about them that week after I sold my wheels and so he put those pictures up. He put my wheel into production that same week. It's been a long wait and he said he still has a little while to go but I think it will be worth the wait.

They look sick, too bad they don't have a chrome option. I've gone the polished forged wheel route before, and IMO it sucked keeping them clean and scratch free.

I ordered these wheels with just the lip being polished and the face of the wheel is powdercoated clear brush finish.

Those look great. Can't wait to see it mounted. Are they going to be 19 or 20?

These wheels are in the 19 configuration so I can fit drag radials on them.

Users who are viewing this thread