Ordered Nitrous

'95yellowGT

Established Member
I ordered the a zex wet kit for my 99 cobra. My car has 113k miles,i was gonna spray a 75 shot to start with without upgrading anything. i plan on takin the car and getting it tuned with the 75 shot. I was wonder if it would b safe to do this being that my cAR has 113k miles. Can i spray a 100 or 125 safely? i dont drive my car all the time maybe 2 times a week. Also i have 4.30 gears will that be ok with the nitrous?

pacific4v

Established Member
There's a guy who runs around my area with a 99 with pretty much the same mods except 4.10s and his car has around 120k miles. He sprays a 100 shot. I think he was going thru his 2nd bottle when he grenaded his tranny shifting into 4th while spraying. Needless to say I've decided to replace my 122k mile trans before I spray now. I was right next to him when it happened. He's a member on here, he might chime in.

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
I hope you mean right next to me as in me 2-3 car length ahead with just 3rd gear. haha Shes going to be plenty beefy the next time out. I'd say you are safe tranny wise mine had a hard life.

pacific4v

Established Member
I hope you mean right next to me as in me 2-3 car length ahead with just 3rd gear. haha Shes going to be plenty beefy the next time out. I'd say you are safe tranny wise mine had a hard life.

I knew that was coming. Lol. Well we started out next to each other but I was close enough to hear the trans go and see the flames shoot out the exhaust. Lol. What kind of trans r u going to run now?

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
I found a t-56 out of and 03 cobra with some aftermarket parts and a 26 spline input shaft. Just waiting on parts now and finishing up other stuff on the car.

01cobrajm

Established Member
I have a zex 100 shot on my 01 right now no tune and sitting at 115,xxx miles, I normaly go through a bottle a week. 100 shot and a tune the car will run forever no worries.

'95yellowGT

Established Member
yeh i thought about doin the tune just to be safe....how do u go through a bottle a week?lol this is my first time with nitrous im assuming u dont have to have it on all the time even with the activation at w.o.t

01cobrajm

Established Member
you will be suprised how fast a bottle goes doesnt last long, im sure you will be happy puts a smile on my face every time i use it. I started with a 75 shot got bored pretty quick then moved to the 100 shot got bored, now starting my turbo build lol.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I'm not a nitrous guy but it is fun to run with it. I drove a buddies car for him a lot and it had a 150 shot and I will have to admit, it was amazing. I just don't like to use it :p Have fun with it, I know you will :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread