Ordered the Ford GT

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by '03 Sonic Blue
I would think maybe two options.

1. Completely stripped and ready for the track.

2. Loaded to the gills and ready to be a garage queen.

--Mike

:beer: Those I can understand!

hk4site

Established Member
When the corvette ZR1 came out they were getting 50k over, how about the NSX, 95 Cobra R, 2000 cobra R, ect , ect, ect look at what they are going for today about 1/2 of MSRP

I had one on order & i was last week from my dealer in south carolina ,ciener/woods,he was having a hard time to get one & did not know if he could,so here I am a year & a half latter with my name on his list & looks like no car.But I do not mind waiting because the price of MSRP will sound a lot cheeper next year wait & see.I do not mind paying MSRP,fo a unit,I have a S281 cobra,& in 2003 they wanted 10,000.00 over that well guess what I paid MSRP,believe me when he seen cash & no haggling they sold it too me.So all in all if you can wait I think youll get your MSRP for one.

CGoeschel

Established Member
Good luck on MSRP........not going to happen. Ive got an auto broker trying to sell us one from another dealer, and that dealer is offering it at $100,000 over, plus whatever we'd have to mark it up to make it worth while for us to buy it. The reason you dont have a car is because they figured it out that they can sell it for 80-100 g's over your MSRP and they're not going to let it go to you for that price. No vin# means no binding contract to sell to you at MSRP, which means, no car for you. It sucks, but they're going to get what the market commands on the car.

Blades

Established Member
Originally posted by JBS Motorsports
I ordered mine 2 months ago, Midnight Blue/white stripes
Just talked to dealer yesterday and looks like car may be
made in August. Hope to have it in Sept to take it to Watkins
Glen SVRA Vintage race for the friday nite downtown reenactment
Hope to see some of you there. JBS Motorsports

Where from?

SVT606

Established Member
Originally posted by hk4site
When the corvette ZR1 came out they were getting 50k over, how about the NSX, 95 Cobra R, 2000 cobra R, ect , ect, ect look at what they are going for today about 1/2 of MSRP
WTF??

An NSX's MSRP is $89,765.

You MAY be able to buy a new one for $75k these days but $45k?? Show me the dealership that is selling them for that low new and I'll show you my checkbook. Used 95-97 models STILL sale for about $45k on the used market. The NSX has one of the highest resale values of any car on the market.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
AGREED SHOW ME 4 NSX"S AT THAT KINDA PRICE AND IM THERE. ILL BE ABLE TO BUY A FORD GT OR MAKE ONE HELL OF A DOWN PAYMENT AFTER I RE SELL THEM.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by hk4site

People that buy em don't do it for resale value, its not a honda oddesy.:rollseyes

STK/ORD# 55056 05 FORD GT FORD GT IN-TRANSIT
REF146758TBF BODYSIZE I 08/23/2004
EXT/INT CLR D3 MARK IV RED/ LB EBONY BLACK #CYL 8 MPG
SERIAL# 1FAFP90SX5Y400111XN/A LOCATION LIST PRICE 157095.00
MFR STAT BUCKED SCHED DATE 08/09/2004 STAT DATE 08/09/2004
ORD
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
PKG 100A FORD GT
FORD GT

99S 5.4L S/C DOHC V8 ENG 446 6 SPD MANUAL TRANSAXLE
153 FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET 582 MCINTOSH AUDIOPHILE SINGLE CD
64H LIGHT WEIGHT FFORGED ALUM WHLS 97P PAINTED RACING STRIP
DD DESTINATION AND DELIVERY GAS GAS

03Cobra_Poison

Established Member
Originally posted by AzDropTop
Seems crazy to me that a 157000 car has options. Seems like all the goodies should be included for that price. :)

I think the option is vasoline :eek:
(dealer will mark it up $30K)

Last edited:

steveatford

Established Member
i work for a ford dealership in maryland and i have already placed two order .they both for $250,000.0 each.jay leon payed over$500,000 for his thats crazy.

a94cobra

Established Member
Is it about the money you make off one car or the fact that there will be a ton of people coming into the dealership to look at the GT that would be possible sales.

Users who are viewing this thread