Ordered VMP TVS2300 SC Kit!

jojobee

Established Member
Wow those are big numbers for this setup, congrats.

Is this on 93 fuel, 75mm pulley only ?

How much boost were you really seeing ?

zachcrosen

Established Member
It was on 93 with the 75mm pulley. Justin said I may need to look into getting a BAP for asses security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

jojobee

Established Member
I would be very carefull if i was you with this much boost on stock bottom end.
I have the same setup with LT and see 8-9 psi.
To make it worse as you probably saw another svt member just popped is engine with the same setup as you from VMP.
If i am not mistaking its the first time i hear about a damaged engine running a VMP tune.
I'd love to hit your numbers but i'm too chicken to run 13#on the stock block.
I'll get a forged bottom end first.
Enjoy your beast but datalog more than enough ;)

zachcrosen

Established Member
Here is my dyno sheet from MIR this weekend. Sorry for the orientation.

DynoSheet_zpsa0dcdaba.jpg

zachcrosen

Established Member
I would be very carefull if i was you with this much boost on stock bottom end.
I have the same setup with LT and see 8-9 psi.
To make it worse as you probably saw another svt member just popped is engine with the same setup as you from VMP.
If i am not mistaking its the first time i hear about a damaged engine running a VMP tune.
I'd love to hit your numbers but i'm too chicken to run 13#on the stock block.
I'll get a forged bottom end first.
Enjoy your beast but datalog more than enough ;)

Justin is going to send me another tune or 2. One should be a lot more conservative and the other will be for 100 octane or Torco.

I did see where he did blew his motor. I believe he actually had the 79mm pulley instead of the 75mm one. If its not raining, I plan to go to the drag strip this coming weekend. I may trailer it in case the sh!t hits the fan.

Last edited:

zachcrosen

Established Member
Nice!

Ours made 618/587 through the Auto with the 79mm.

I love these blowers.

Sweet numbers. Congrats on the times this weekend too! I probably should have gone up to the 79mm but decided to go with a conservative tune. Another guy in a Kona blue auto dynoed late Sat night and was in the same range as yours but with the 75mm.

kevinp

Established Member
Justin is going to send me another tune or 2. One should be a lot more conservative and the other will be for 100 octane or Torco.

I did see where he did blew his motor. I believe he actually had the 79mm pulley instead of the 75mm one. If its not raining, I plan to go to the drag strip this coming weekend. I may trailer it in case the sh!t hits the fan.

If you go to Steele I may run down there as well, sucks to be getting some nice cool weather and nothing but rain :(

BMR Tech

Those are some awesome numbers. Hope it holds for you longer than it help for me!

We ran all weekend at NMRA. All runs, except the last, were 14 degrees. The last pass we made was 16 degrees.

One thing is for sure, timing does wonders with this engine and a blower!

kevinp

Established Member
We ran all weekend at NMRA. All runs, except the last, were 14 degrees. The last pass we made was 16 degrees.

One thing is for sure, timing does wonders with this engine and a blower!

Sure does, I ran 10.80s with my '11 with a 90mm pulley, with 22 degrees of timing after 5500rpm or so.

I've had as high as 20* and .81-82 lambda with the 82mm and closed airbox, on a cool day its making some power for sure, but I havent ran the car like that at the track.

I havent found the point where I've seen any peppering on the plugs from detonation yet. But that doesnt mean much with stock pistons, I'm tempted to try a JLT intake but I will probably hurt something lol.

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
I have mine on order...your numbers are what I'm chasing on stock bottom end, plan to run torco. Has anyone seen belt slip on stock idlers w/ 82?

kevinp

Established Member
I have mine on order...your numbers are what I'm chasing on stock bottom end, plan to run torco. Has anyone seen belt slip on stock idlers w/ 82?

I did have some slip with the 82 and a 100mm idler with the stock 060825 belt, the bearing seal fell off on the idler and slung grease all over the belt though.

A new k060810 belt and stock idlers and its been rock solid, I also ran the 82mm on stock idlers and belt on my '11 an had no slip. But I figured since I was changing the belt (kind of a PITA) and not planning on putting the 90mm back on I'd go with the shorter belt.

Users who are viewing this thread