Ordering longtubes for the Cobra... but...

Tequila612

Established Member
Will I have a problem with clearance now that I have Eibach Sportline springs on my car.

I have heard it can be done, but it is a close call with the ground. Should I just stick with the stock headers?

Also, what do you guys think of the Hooker Longtubes? I am having trouble deciding which set-up to go with.

Thanks!

P.S.- I want a set-up I don't have to pull off to do tranny or clutch work. Thanks!

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Tequila612
Will I have a problem with clearance now that I have Eibach Sportline springs on my car.

I have heard it can be done, but it is a close call with the ground. Should I just stick with the stock headers?

Also, what do you guys think of the Hooker Longtubes? I am having trouble deciding which set-up to go with.

Thanks!

P.S.- I want a set-up I don't have to pull off to do tranny or clutch work. Thanks!

Bassani now makes mid-length headers for 96-98 Cobra's.

USMCracing

Established Member
The Bassani mid-length header like Booyah said are good. I don't really know about Hooker but BBK LT are good and I've heard that the Kooks/JDM LTs are really good to. Go and ask this on the JDM Tech forums. Its going to be hard to find good headers that you don't have to pull one side to do trans work. The header install isn't as hard as most people make it out to be. Did mine by myself. Good Luck

Last edited:

White98SVT

Established Member
Send Colt.45 a PM. He installed his BBK's on his 98 in the driveway and I believe he has a 1.5 inch drop and he doesn't have issues. He posted a pic on FordPower about the clearance for me. He's a good one to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread