Orifice tube in Killer Chiller

Davisenvy

Established Member
I'm having some AC issues and wanted to replace the orifice tube. I bought the car with the KC on it and I'm trying to figure out where the orifice tube is. I saw that the tube is crimped in the tube, but that tube has been replaced with a KC tube. Any ideas?

beau t

Established Member
No clue on placement check with killer chiller before replacing it with a factory 1, the reason i say this is because on a 6.0 diesel when i installed a air to oil cooler from bullet proof diesel the directions stated if the vehicle ac didn't cool as good to remove the ford style orifice tube and use xxx from a chevrolet (guessing it has something to do with more of a strain on the system). Natedogg posted the manual before i finished but I'm still posting lol.

Davisenvy

Established Member
The ac worked great then one day it just quit working. I have normal low side pressure, but high side is going way too high (45 low and 350-400 high side) which makes me think I have a blockage somewhere. I saw the directions on their site but it doesn't say anything about the orifice tube. I tried to call KC and no answer. I might just take the thing off if I can't figure it out. Thanks for the replies.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The ac worked great then one day it just quit working. I have normal low side pressure, but high side is going way too high (45 low and 350-400 high side) which makes me think I have a blockage somewhere. I saw the directions on their site but it doesn't say anything about the orifice tube. I tried to call KC and no answer. I might just take the thing off if I can't figure it out. Thanks for the replies.
The link above - page 16 of the file, marked as 15 on the paper - #10 says ac inlet with orifice tube. It’s in the killer chore core on the inlet side

olympic

Established Member
It's in the A/C inlet from condenser (#8 line) shown in the instructions.

Untitled.jpg

Keep in mind there are multiple generations of Killer Chillers so your heat exchanger might look different. The older ones had the coolant fittings on top and the AC fittings on the bottom, like this:

20190527_223425.jpg

Davisenvy

Established Member
Awesome info and thanks for the picture. Looks like the front bumper might need to come off. At least I know where to start. Thanks again.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I am a huge fan of the orifice tube. It beats the bonus hole in my opinion.

.....I will see myself out.

Davisenvy

Established Member
Am I not supposed to use a orifice tube with the KC? I'm trying to track down a blockage and thats my first item to check.

Users who are viewing this thread