Original Boss owners step inside

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I was just curious to see how many original owner bosses are here at SVT.
I bought mine in May 2012 and have enjoyed every minute of owning it. I have no desire to get the new GT350 at this point..... Ok maybe a small desire... But I'm sticking with my Boss. It's one fun car. I have driven C7 Z06s, Vipers, 911, GTR, and more.... Every time I get back in my Boss it reminds me how much fun it is. Not saying I'm going to keep it forever, but after near 3 1/2 years it still puts a smile on my face!
How about you?

tkeinia

Established Member
same here, owned mine since 2012 and less than 17000 miles but evey time I drive it I love it. I do plan on keeping it, but you never know. this is the longest I have keep a mustang, I usually trade them in every few years.

KBBoss302

Established Member
Next month marks 3 years that I have had my LS and I honestly cannot ever imagine getting rid of it. I had a '12 Boss before and loved it, too. Normally I only keep a sportscar for a couple of years at most, but these things get under my skin and tick all the right boxes for me. When I was in high school in the 80s, I used to read about the legend of the original Bosses - a musclecar that could handle. When the new one was announced back in 2010, I was hopeful that it would be more than just a sticker kit and thank goodness Ford Racing didn't do something lame like that. It is the perfect combination of old school muscle car and modern handling/braking, almost like the best 1969/70 Mustang resto-mod one could ever envision, much less pay for.

And yes, I have driven all sorts of other cars like 911TTs, Viper ACRs, AMG Mercedes, etc and nothing even remotely tempts me to get rid of my LS. The GT350 is VERY tempting, but only as a companion to my Boss, not as a replacement.

MeanGreenBoss

Established Member
Original owner of 2013 #3409 purchased in late July, 2013 from AutoNation in Katy. I believe it was the last new Boss available at a Ford dealer in the Houston area. After 2+ years I've racked up 8500 of the most fun miles of any car I've owned, which includes an '85 SVO and a number of GM's finest Vettes and F-Bodies.

Why sell a legend?

dsp

Established Member
I bought #1815 new in May 2013. I had to go to Pennsylvania to get it, and it was worth the trip. I have no plans to sell or trade my Boss, I really enjoy driving it. That said, I drove a 2016 GT350R today and I need to add one to the garage. Incredible car.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Feb 2012, I love the car but it lacks alot of power at altitude. :bored:

I see myself in a 350R in a couple of years.

Jabooh1

Established Member
Bought my '13 LS in May 2013. Just turned 40,000 miles. I do have a desire for an R. Will possibly add one (not replacing the LS) in a few years. My father who also has a 13 LS is in CT right now testing the R at the track event. He sent me a text indicating that he has a number of 3 dealers and will be getting one.

At least I'll have a direct comparison.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Guys... I like the idea of the new GT350 and the R... For me I just don't care for the S550 styling. There are aspects I do like, but then i just don't get excited about getting one. In all honesty the new Focus RS is more exciting to me. But time will tell, but I do enjoy my Boss! Most fun car I've had.

AZBOSS

Established Member
Took delivery July 2011, still have her! Not selling anytime in the near future...although I do only drive her about once a month now.

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
IMG_11262_zpsad2osliw.jpg

Bought mine new in February 2012. For the foreseeable future I do not see anything taking its place. :rockon:

HP11

Established Member
Purchased new in May 2012. Still with me pushing 20k miles. Never a problem always putting a smile on my face!

rosem32

Established Member
I love mine, 2013 #0046 Race Red... 23K miles and I drive it like its meant to be driven. It is so fun, I smile when I drive it because the power, sound, and overall design are great!

I purchased it brand new.

Last edited:

GTOBobby

Established Member
Bought mine June 2012 and now have a whopping 1500 miles on her. lol. Don't drive her much. Pretty much sits in the garage next to my 2010 R/T Challenger with 5000 miles. Don't plan on trading or selling either any time soon.

azazell64

Established Member
I bought my PW 2013 #1677 in May of 2013 and it just rolled 9000km and I have no intentions of getting rid of it anytime soon.

RedBossman

Established Member
Also purchased my Race Red 2013 Boss #2042 at AutoNation in Katy just outside of Houston on 26 Nov 2012. It was the only dealer that I could find that would sell at Invoice price so I flew out there and drove it the 780 miles back to North Alabama. Awesume car. Can't imagine I'll ever get rid of it.

Got a VMP TVS Stage 3 kit sitting in the garage waiting for me to install it. Should be a blast. :rockon:

Mike

Original owner of 2013 #3409 purchased in late July, 2013 from AutoNation in Katy. I believe it was the last new Boss available at a Ford dealer in the Houston area. After 2+ years I've racked up 8500 of the most fun miles of any car I've owned, which includes an '85 SVO and a number of GM's finest Vettes and F-Bodies.

Why sell a legend?

Users who are viewing this thread