Orlando Area Help

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
There's a big chance I will be moving from the MS coast to Orlando soon and I need to find a place to live. Looking to find something to rent for around $750-850 a month, $1000 max. Some place with a garage in a decent area. I've looked at Northlake Park, Avery Place villas, and The Estates at Park Avenue so far. All of which seem to be around 20 min from where I'll be working. If anyone could recommend some places and areas I would really appreciate it.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
If google is right, you're all over the place in terms of areas around the city. What part of town are you working in? Orlando is home to sprawl, so I'm sure myself and others can point you in the right direction once we know that. I would avoid Metrowest (The Estates) and virtually anything south on 436 (Avery Place). If Northlake is the one near Lake Nona, that's a nice area.

Edit: In general, these are the "nicer" areas around Orlando: Winter Park, Maitland, College Park, Thornton Park, Windermere, Dr. Phillips, Winter Springs, Oviedo, Lake Mary, Lake Nona, Winter Garden, Hunters Creek, and surely a handful of others I'm forgetting. It depends on where you want to be in relation to work as Oviedo and Winter Garden are like 45+mins apart.

Last edited:

Slowerthnyou99

Established Member
Ya, narrow down your place of work. We will get you zoned in to a nice place. I live north of Orlando. Anything in Altamonte springs, Longwood, Lake Mary, Casselberry, Winter Springs, Winter Park area and you will be in a decent area. Also, there are a lot of rental homes that you can pick up for around the same cost as an apartment.

Users who are viewing this thread