OT: Memorial Day

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
I know this is off topic, however, I wanted to wish everyone (CONUS & OCONUS) a safe and happy Memorial Day.

I think William Cohen said it well in his "Memorial Day Message to the Men and Women of the Armed Forces."

As we observe Memorial Day, our hearts are filled with gratitude to those brave Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines who have laid down their lives for this great country.

On this hallowed day, we must all remember that freedom, and the blessings it brings, often exact the ultimate sacrifice. From the first days of this Nation's history, Americans like you have been willing to step forward and make that sacrifice in defense of our Nation. On this Memorial Day, the voices of those who have fallen echo in our memories and we are comforted by the heritage of courage they have established for us.

You, the men and women in the Armed Forces, are today's patriots. You have committed your lives to keep the United States strong and ready. The quality of your deeds and your devotion to duty set a shining example for all Americans. Your fellow Americans hold you in the high esteem that you have so unquestionably earned.

Whether you serve in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or the Coast Guard, we salute the contributions you continue to make. I join Americans everywhere in expressing our deepest appreciation for a job well done.

Users who are viewing this thread