Other GT owners is S. FL

SuperB

Established Member
After a few hours at the dealer I finally headed home, in rush hour traffic, with my new GT. 20 MPG bumper to bumper the whole way. Got up to 40 once, woo hoo.

After a few hours of painfully waiting for rush hour to end I finally headed out for some fun. And what fun it was. I don't think drive is the right word, more like pilot. This thing is fast, really fast. I've owned a corvette, pretty fast, driven a Ferrari f360, faster, and a Viper (extremly fast), but the GT feels like a fighter jet. The faint whine of the supercharger is sweeter than the Ferrari note. And once you've settled into a speed (any speed) you can have a nice conversation with your co-pilot, Try that in a Corvette or Ferrari.

The dealer had another GT in for upgrades to the exhaust (Borla I think) and that car sounded awesome. I think I'll be upgrading next week so those that don't see me can here me ;-)

For those, like me, that can't get a ride in a GT before deciding, it's certainly worth it.
I've tried the Ferrari, Corvette and Viper. This ride is the bomb. The Viper starts to feel a bit loose to me over 100 MPH. Never had my Vette over 110. The Ferrari was pretty nice up to the 120 I dared go. The GT however was so solid and reassuring that I easily climbed to 150 MPH before I ran out of room, and she had plenty left to give. If you're seriously interested in a GT, I'll take you for a ride.

Can't wait to get out again tomorrow.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
I will be working in the area next month. I will PM a few of you. I would love to see another GT up close. I always love 03 cobras also. I recently sold mine and plan to buy one while I am in Florida so YES any leads on modded 03s would be great. I am no longer looking for a FORD GT.

Ray

Last edited:

satx

Banned
post some pics of it!! I haven't seen a heritage in person.....I bet that thing gets some attention.

SuperB

Established Member
Finally, here are some pics

3123373067.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

SuperB

Established Member
Yeah, get lots of attention. Kinda cool to see cars behind me hauling ass to catch up, then slow down next to me to take pictures.

It's pretty low and the colors don't catch eyes, but there is usually someone in a crowd that yells 'holy crap' then everyone looks. Thinking about some borla pipes to make it more noticable ;-)

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
WOW that is AMAZING!
The car looks very cool in the heratige color scheme. You made a good choice going with it because it really will hold it's value, along with keeping the GT40 alive.

Maybe one day I'll head up to Parkland and I can see that beast up close. :pop:
Anyways the car looks amazing and so does your house in the backround. enjoy it and please keep posting pics/vids of your car. :beer:

SuperB

Established Member
I took it to the Friday auto show in Davie and got so much attention I couldn't believe it. Glad I choose a GT, was considering a Ferrari, but this is much more fun. There were a few Ferrari's, some vipers..., but it seemed like the GT got more that it's share of attention. There was a parade of people following me down the street as I went to park, cameras in hand. Very cool. If you havn't been to the Davie auto show, check it out, every Friday from 5-10 University and 595 at the Tower Shops. Over 200 cars and thousands of people. For a buck you put any car in the show.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Yep I usually go the last Firday of every month. I live 15 min from Tower Shops so its convenient. I wish I would have been there to seen your GT though. There is a guy that always brings his Red W/White Stripes there and he is really cool about letting people sit in it and things like that-maybe you know him?

Anyways Next time you're going post it up so I can go that night to see ur car. :beer:

SuperB

Established Member
Is the last Friday anything special? Or just when you go?

I plan to go this Friday the 10th, since last Friday was so fun, but I'm a last minute kinda guy, so who know.

I met someone last week that said he owns a Red Gt and brought it once to that show.

Nope, not an orthodontist, just a very lucky internet guy.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Well the last Friday of the month is usually the bussiest beause thats when most car clubs go-so there are usually MORE people there than other weeks.
I think like the Mopar guys go then and all the Hemi Cudas and Challangers come out. I think the Viper boys used to come out then but Im not sure any more.

Basically the last Friday of each month is maybe twice as big ad any other Friday so I just go then because there are always more cars to see. I you do go on the 10th ill go to check out your car. :beer:

SuperB

Established Member
Interesting, seemed like it was pretty busy last Friday, even more would be better.

I hope to go, planning to, but we will have to see. I'll try to remember to post here if I decide to go, will probably be a last minute post, as I'm out the door.

satx

Banned
damn heritage keeps growin' on me. I still think I'm going to do yellow w/black but I'm waiting until until closer to the end of production to buy so you never know.

now go take that back bumper off and take some more pics!

SuperB

Established Member
I can't take pics, she's in the shop. Should get her back today.
Take the back bumper off?

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Just checking to see if you're gonna go out to Towers tonight SuperB.

I'll be out there with my car around 7ish around the other mustangs. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread