Our Daughter ..... Our hero (USMC)

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Well, one of the longest weeks of our lives has come to an end. The wife and I watched as our daughter loaded up and shipped out heading to the sandbox.

Now we start the day to day of coping with her being over there.

Please keep her and her fellow Marines in your thoughts. It never ceases to amaze at the sacrifices these young people make. They are all truly heros.

fb91fd22.jpg

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
She'll do great man. Nothing to worry about. (like that helps. lol)
What is her job?

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
:beer: Nothing but good thoughts on a safe tour.

CBelleperche

Established Member
I served from 03-09 in the Army as a helicopter crew chief and went back as a contractor this year, my sister left for the marines a week after I went overseas. My mom worried non stop but was very proud of us. We as soldiers are trained to handle anything, as parents and family members just keep them in your prayers and be proud knowing that they are doing the most amazing thing anyone could, provide freedom and protection for everyone. Congrats on having such an amazing daughter. If you ever need someone to talk to about deployments and just to vent, feel free to message me anytime. Wouldn't mind helping at all.

tedness

Bananarama
Established Member
I applaud and admire anyone in the service. It takes a lot of guts and spirit to fight for our country. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of our service men and women!

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Cpl Hunter? Cool name for a Marine. Just know that she is in good hands bud Semper FI!

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I applaud and admire anyone in the service. It takes a lot of guts and spirit to fight for our country. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of our service men and women!

:rockon:

I've been in the service for almost 8 years now, I plan on staying in for 20. I can remember when I got in and it feels like yesterday.
She'll be back in no time. Hope she has a safe tour with good memories to fall back on throughout her career.

Last edited:

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Good luck to all that have and will continue to step on board a C-17 not knowing the outcome of the situation in which they find themselves. I'm proud to have served and to continue to serve with all of you.:beer:

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
A reflection of her parents. You must be very proud. She is in our prayers for a safe tour.

2k4Terminator

Established Member
Thank you! To your Daughter! And to all who serve in any branch of military. Takes a brave and determined person to do so. Nobody can say Thanks enough, but Thank You!

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
She will do fine. She will be back in no time!

I joined the Army in 1999 and exited with an honorable in 2005. I was in the push forward in Iraq in 2003 as an Apache helicopter tech. I went back to Iraq as a civilian in 2007-2008. Went to Afghanistan as a civilian in Jan 2010 to late 2011. Now I'm going back again next month. Im truely hoping that this is my last trip. Im missing so much time with my daughter and its driven my wife and I towards a divorce. Its a hard life but someone has to do it.

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Wish her all the best and I hope she realizes how much we all appreciate her sacrifice! It takes a lot of guts to do something and believe in something like this, and she deserves kudos!

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Wishing her the best.

What's her MOS? My wife's a former Marine. I think she was some sort of tactical air controller

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
Her mos will be a pogue job in the rear so no need to worry she will never be in harms way. Look at the old school m16 she's carrying. That tells you right there she will be a coms, medic, or some easy job in the rear. Like I said she will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread