Our new Titan, Sentra and Coleman camp trailer

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
Just wanted to share our newest major purchases. My wife and I had 2 Nissan Xterras and after a year and a half we decided we wanted one car that got really good gas mileage and one that we could use to pull our new camper easily. So I replaced my Xterra with a 14 Nissan Titan king cab with the tow package and the 5.6 V8 and the wife got a slightly used 13 Nissan Sentra SL. The Sentra gets around 40 mpg hwy and 30 in town. The Titan gets about the same mileage as my old Xterra (13 city and 17 hwy roughly). But it pulls my camper easily and drives really nice. Anyway here are a few pics.

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

Last edited:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Very nice. I see you like Nissan. ;-)

I had an 08 QX56. That engine pulled my boat like no other gasser I have ever used. That Titan should yank that camper around very nicely.

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
Very nice. I see you like Nissan. ;-)

I had an 08 QX56. That engine pulled my boat like no other gasser I have ever used. That Titan should yank that camper around very nicely.

Yeah I have always like Nissan, the fit and finish is nice and the sales/service at the dealership I go thru is second to none. I tried to trade my Xterra straight accross for the GTR Black edition they had sitting in their lobby but they wouldnt go for it for some reason. I am also very happy with the power of the 5.6, I would like a louder exhaust though. Maybe just a 40 series flowmaster would do the trick.

MTBSully

Established Member
I like the titan, but hasn't that thing had the exact same exterior since it came out in like 2003? How is it possible that an OEM can go 10+ years without updating looks. Thing is brand new (2014 right?) and it already looks dated. If you parked it next to a 2003 with Nissan Titan would you be able to tell the difference?

Like I said they are nice truck my buddy has an 08, more just questioning Nissan here.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
^ Literally was just thinking that. How are they still even making those?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
^ Literally was just thinking that. How are they still even making those?

Although a little dated, they should be getting a nice update soon. Not sure how much the styling will change, but the addition of a 5.0 diesel will be interesting.

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
Yeah i believe there is a major update in 2016. And for the $30k i paid for this (with rebates) i couldnt pass it up. Yes it does look like the original but i like the original titan so not an issue for me.

04svtterm

Established Member
congrats! i've seen a few lifted titan around my area that look great! that VK sounds amazing. The titan is long overdue for a revamp. I think the new shape coming up will be a nice alternative to the big 3. I actually might jump on it and trade in my 2014 f150 limited for one if i like the way it looks.

Users who are viewing this thread