Out-Dent

taz2005

Established Member
It has been 2 months since I bought the car. Last night, I noticed a very small wave in the shiny paint on the driver's door skin, in the middle, about 10" from the bottom. It would be impossible to capture on photo as you have to look at it at a specific angle and light reflection. And only folks with OCD would find something like this. ;-)
Anyway, it is not the typical dent (indent) on a panel but it looks more like a tiny protrusion as if a very tiny debris got painted over. There isn't an impact mark on the paint and you can't feel it with your finger tips but is obvious by sight once you know where and how to look for it.
Anyway, I have had much success with PDR on my other cars but they were all for normal indents. If this is indeed an outdent, has anyone had experience getting it fixed?
This reminds me of the mysterious dent that appeared from nowhere on the quarter panels 2 years ago.

Update: just got off the phone with my PDR guy and he said it is possible I may have pushed on the interior door panel directly opposite of where the out-dent is and there may be a bolt or something pushed out and created the tiny protrusion. He said he would be able to tell me for sure when he shines his light onto it to cofirm a dent or particle under the paint. I will go see him later.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread