Out of state/ 2003 Mach California smog

Fomoco69

Established Member
Just delivered & purchased from Michigan dealer , all stock federal emission equipt on it ....should be ok in California ?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
It should be. Its just an OBD scan and visual for cars MY 2000 and newer.

Not all cars were manufactured to meet CA emissions, but they can still pass without whatever changes the manufacturer added.

With no sniff test, it shouldn't be a problem.

Fomoco69

Established Member
It should be. Its just an OBD scan and visual for cars MY 2000 and newer.

Not all cars were manufactured to meet CA emissions, but they can still pass without whatever changes the manufacturer added.

With no sniff test, it shouldn't be a problem.
Ten four....found in owners manual last night under emmision warranty info that it is ok in California...thanx

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Ten four....found in owners manual last night under emmision warranty info that it is ok in California...thanx

No problem. Just make sure there are no check engine lights, and it should be good to go. Assuming its stock.

Fomoco69

Established Member
No problem. Just make sure there are no check engine lights, and it should be good to go. Assuming its stock.
Ten four....original owner only added JLT. cold air intake....but have stock assembly in trunk

Fomoco69

Established Member
Ten four.....only 13,500 miles on it....drives & shifts like new.....smooth

Fomoco69

Established Member
FYI...California smog today....had to re-install stock air intake assembly to pass visual in Sacramento , the inspector said the JLT assembly , needed a CARB sticker on it & was probably just covering his ass , but all else passed, no problem....but after comparing the two different air intakes , the car seems to be louder & is more responsive with JLT

caliboy08

Established Member
the jlt cold air/ram air now has a carb #. had to deal with the smog b.s. last year. and dealt with an incompetent/lazy smog tech at smog n go here in rocklin. if you call jlt, they should have no problem getting you a carb sticker. they sent one right out to me. i purchased from AM, not jlt direct.

Fomoco69

Established Member
the jlt cold air/ram air now has a carb #. had to deal with the smog b.s. last year. and dealt with an incompetent/lazy smog tech at smog n go here in rocklin. if you call jlt, they should have no problem getting you a carb sticker. they sent one right out to me. i purchased from AM, not jlt direct.
Ten four....got mine in the mail today....thanx

Users who are viewing this thread