Out with 2010 Clutch in with RXT+MGW

crazy4life

Established Member
Out with 2010 Clutch in with RXT+MGW+Pics

Pics added Today

Just took my 2010 clutch out and replaced it with the Mcleod RXT( thanks Jared for the deal and quick ship). The 2010 was in there for less than 2 months after the TSB. So far so good. The RXT feels great and shifts smooth as silk. Granted I only put 25 miles on it. Also put the MGW shifter in with the matching shifter ball (thanks George for all the help it's what you said it was). Vista Blue with white strips. Looks and feels great :banana: Before you ask I took the 2010 clucth out because while its all right for going to church on Sunday I can never pass up a burnout while I'm sitting next to a ricer with a lawnmower muffler and revving to 8000 RPM. The 2010 clutch looks pretty bad for only 1800 miles and smelled to high heaven after a burnout. Will post up pics of the shifter and 2010 clutch after I go out and put some breakin miles on my new setup :beer:

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
How much HP/TQ were you making? Around 550?

Wondering because I'm halfway kinda sorta clutch shopping.

bpmurr

Established Member
1800 miles and it already looked bad? Mine started to give out at 8000ish and was replaced at 9400. I'm interested in seeing your pics.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Sweet.

I just saw you had a ported setup in your sig.

Right now I plan on stopping a good 50hp or so shy of where you are. Was hoping the stock '10 might hold up, but keep getting various reports like the two of you saying it gives out.

crazy4life

Established Member
1800 miles and it already looked bad? Mine started to give out at 8000ish and was replaced at 9400. I'm interested in seeing your pics.

I drive it like I stole it :rockon: Have to go out now and drive it cant sit here and type. Will post pics when I come back or tomorrow. Got to fondle my new ball:coolman:

chuckstang

Established Member
supposedly the 2010 clutch is used on the zr1 and viper,

If so, I have no idea why it would not be good to go even modded

Last edited:

crazy4life

Established Member
George helped me out on that. Sent me the shifter without the install instructions because I put a new tranny in and wanted to put the shifter in with the new tranny. A hell of a lot easier. Thanks George for getting it to me on time. Think George said instructions should be ready in a week or two.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Off topic: How do you like the Koni Yellows?

crazy4life

Established Member
Here are the pics for the MGW Shifter and the 2010 clutch. Clutch has 1800 miles and 3 burnouts.

DSC_1289.gif

DSC_1290.gif

Flywheel
DSC_1291.gif

DSC_1295.gif

DSC_1293.gif

DSC_1294.gif

bpmurr

Established Member
The clutch doesn't look bad, seems like most of the flywheel isn't even broken in.

crazy4life

Established Member
The clutch doesn't look bad, seems like most of the flywheel isn't even broken in.

Don't know. All I know is I did'nt like it. When I do a burnout I like to smell rubber and not the overpowering stench of the clutch. I know some people who don't drive their car over the speed limit and have never burned rubber in their life. Seems like it would be a good clutch for them. It was definitly better than the old clutch just not for me.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Don't know. All I know is I did'nt like it. When I do a burnout I like to smell rubber and not the overpowering stench of the clutch. I know some people who don't drive their car over the speed limit and have never burned rubber in their life. Seems like it would be a good clutch for them. It was definitly better than the old clutch just not for me.

I don't know man, I beat the piss out of my car on the street and so far I like the 2010 clutch better than the Spec but the 2010 is not perfect either.

Mcleod next perhaps but that better not be for awhile, I can't afford another $3k clutch bill

crazy4life

Established Member
I don't know man, I beat the piss out of my car on the street and so far I like the 2010 clutch better than the Spec but the 2010 is not perfect either.

Mcleod next perhaps but that better not be for awhile, I can't afford another $3k clutch bill

3 Grand. Gotta stop going to them dealers Chuck. 1400 for the clutch and 700 for the install = 2100

Users who are viewing this thread