Out with the old (SRT) and in with the new(er) GT500

GeigerZ

Established Member
Traded my 2010 Challenger SRT8 for the 2012 GT500 on Thursday.

Nice to be back in a very fast 6M.

Got a few pics when it lightened up a little bit outside. Hoping to get some better pics as soon if it's not too cloudy out!

GT500Web8.jpg

GT500Web9.jpg

GeigerZ

Established Member
Thanks all!!

Had 13,900 on it when I picked it up. Too addicting to leave it in the sitting in the driveway though!!

The SRT had a few mods. Once I blew it up at the Texas Mile @170mph, I upgraded a lot of parts, added more boost to the Procharger, bigger fuel injectors, forged it..etc. 0-60 in 3.39sec (PB). However, it was no where near as fun to drive as the GT500! I've had 6-7 Mustangs ('69 Fastback in high school) which were all great (especially the 88 LX 10sec daily driver).

Yep, I feel more like a driver now and not a passenger in behind the wheel. :D

GeigerZ

Established Member
I wanted something I could take to the open track events and not feel the need for a fog horn addition. The GT500 fits that bill to a "T"!

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Thanks all!!

Had 13,900 on it when I picked it up. Too addicting to leave it in the sitting in the driveway though!!

The SRT had a few mods. Once I blew it up at the Texas Mile @170mph, I upgraded a lot of parts, added more boost to the Procharger, bigger fuel injectors, forged it..etc. 0-60 in 3.39sec (PB). However, it was no where near as fun to drive as the GT500! I've had 6-7 Mustangs ('69 Fastback in high school) which were all great (especially the 88 LX 10sec daily driver).

Yep, I feel more like a driver now and not a passenger in behind the wheel. :D

Wow, is the SRT at a dealership now? I'd love to see it.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Perfect, if I was going to go back to the Shelby's a 2012 black stripe delete with Recaros would be it!

Users who are viewing this thread