Over the Axle pipes question

DJSCIASCIA

Established Member
Would I see any benefit switching the stock ota pipes with a aftermarket one with my setup? I have a o/r h-pipe with kooks axle backs.

GT500wantabe

Established Member
The pipes would be nicer looking but there would be minimal if any power increase.
Probably depends on how much power you are making. They are crushed down enough to restrict some flow. Wonder if anybody making over 700+ rwhp has done a before and after dyno.

DJSCIASCIA

Established Member
Probably depends on how much power you are making. They are crushed down enough to restrict some flow. Wonder if anybody making over 700+ rwhp has done a before and after dyno.

That what I was thinking. I plan on adding a pulley soon and was curious if anyone actually tested stock vs aftermarket.

I would go with lethal performance's ota pipes and I hear there are no clearance issues with them. I know our stock pipes aren't resonated so the sound wouldn't change much.

Paratrooper82

Established Member
I just installed the Lethal OTA pipes on my 13 last weekend. Lowered on FRPP springs (fairly minimal I know) and no clearance issues. I still have stock mid-pipe and manifolds and Corsa axle back. Sound is SLIGHTLY louder and deeper at idle and just a bit more at throttle. I'm assuming all due to the better grade steel used and the less restricitons from bends and kinks. I think they'll help a bit more when I eventually do a mid-pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread