over/under on 03 tires

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
How long do you think your first set of 03 tires will last? My friends are putting the over/under bet at 3 months. If I can't keep my hands off the traction control it might be 3 weeks!

:beer:

hantzis

Established Member
I've heard these Eagle F1s have a tread wear rating of 300. My Faulken ZR tires (by the way, don't ever by these tires) have the same tread wear rating and have lasted me 30,000 miles so far (they won't last much longer). I don't do much drag racing or autocross and have only lit them up 4 or 5 times. The stock BF Goodrich tires on my 97 Cobra lasted me 22,000 miles with a tread wear rating of 140. I think part of the reason these faulken tires have lasted so long is because the compound is very hard. The tires don't hook up for sh*t and I'm sliding everywhere when conditions are wet. Although they run a mere $140/tire, I promise you will be dissapointed with them.

Considering this compound is so soft on the Eagle F1s, I would guess 25K out of the tire, granted you treat them reasonably well.

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
I have the Yokohama AVS Sports on my current car - Porsche 928. Tread wear rating of 180. They last me between 15,000 and 20,000 miles, but this car will not spin the tires. Very tall gears and not enough torque down low. At $2,500 per clutch I refuse to drop it.

Thinking I will get a lot less milage on the 03 Cobra.

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by hantzis
I've heard these Eagle F1s have a tread wear rating of 300.
Considering this compound is so soft on the Eagle F1s, I would guess 25K out of the tire, granted you treat them reasonably well.

I've got GY Eagle F1's on my current car (not a mustang and the tread looks like this: >>>>) and I will probably get about 30-35K on them. Then of course I couldn't do a burn out in my present car if I wanted to so I'm sure that helps on tire wear.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

kj385

Established Member
I F1's on my 90' LX (5.0) coupe and they have 40k on them. But thet are almost down to the wear bars. I don't do big smokey burnouts but hit corners hard sometimes. Good grip for the money and 300 thead wear.

Users who are viewing this thread