overboost in 93 turbo notch

xx2busa

Established Member
maybe someone has an idea of what could be the problem with my 93 Mustang turbo notchback. It has a custom turbo set up with a t-60, I have logged 10,000 miles on it since its install without any over boost problems. It has a 38mm tial with the green spring 8-9# and always consistantly hit anywhere from 7-9#. Now all of a sudden every time I get into it it blows past that range to 15-16#, im not sure if its caused any damage yet but it rattled like a can of marbles before I realized what was happening. There were no changes made to it as to cause this. I took the top off the wastegate to check the spring and it looked fine to me, is it possible for the valve where it meets the exhaust to be sticking? Could there be an internal issue in the waste gate?:shrug:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Sounds like either your boost controller took a crap if you have one, the vacuum line to your wastegate is either pinched or leaking, or your wastegate isn't functioning like it should. Whether it's stuck or the diaphram is bad, could be either one.

Whatever's causing it, your wastegate isn't opening when it should. You'll need to follow the vacuum line from the wastegate to it's source and determine with part in that system isn't functioning.

Users who are viewing this thread