Overdue Introduction

Homebrew

Established Member
I figure i'm overdue for an intro since i've recently asked for help and got some great feedback and offers from a group of guys who know squat about me. I figure I should rectify that. I technically "joined" a few month or two ago, though I never made a proper introduction and haven't been able to make any of the gtg's. I'm hoping I'll make one soon. MACA paintball is right around the corner and i'm planning to be there, so hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys.

A little about me, I'm 28 and live in Clinton, MD in Prince Georges county. Lived here my whole life and can't wait to at least get out of this county. I own an '04 Mystichrome Cobra, I'm the second owner, my brother being the original owner. It's my third mustang and my fourth Ford product. The others being an 84 mustang GT, an 86 mustang GT, and a 2000 Mercury mountaineer. All of which are greatly missed. I'm currently employed in mailing for a local print shop that I make squat at, but it's a great environment. I'm trying to get my foot in the door in the computer field. I've had a CIS degree for a couple years now and haven't been able to get jack with it since I have no formal experience. It's like getting your first job all over again, no experience, can't get experience, yada yada yada. Now i've been out of school for so long with no job in the field, prospective employers look down on that. Though part of it was I wasn't able to look as hard as I should have been for a new job. Working two jobs leaves you with little free time. I'm now down to one job, so hopefully I can find something soon.

I grew up in a "motorhead" family, my dad and brother were into cars and I remember going to MIR many a friday before I was even a teen. Needless to say I'm very interested in cars, though I'm not quite as skilled as my dad and brother, I think I only got half the family genes or something. :D I'm very much into computers in just about every aspect. Whereas my dad and brother are more mechanically inclined, i'm very tech inclined. So it often works out that I handle the family tech work and my brother handles most of the mechanical work. At any given time I have at least 2 or 3 computer related projects going on. I know some of you are comuter gurus, so you'll understand some of my past projects which include a computer powered, scratch built, standup arcade cabinet that runs over 5000 actual arcade games, a computer powered, scratch built jukebox, and a computer based PVR(Tive) running MythTV. My current project is installing a computer into the Cobra, completely replacing the stock head unit. The head unit slot will be replaced by a 7" touchscreen monitor molded into the stock radio bezel. While I don't don't know as much as some about cars, mainly due to limited experience, I am very mechanically inclinded and skilled with my hands. I'm not afraid off taking things apart or altering them if so needed/desired. I would say I fit into the category of "jack of all trades, master of none". This is probably one of my problems, I have such a wide range of interests, and tend to go overboard on them all.

I tend to be the shy type and though sometimes it depends on whom i'm around, i'm often very quiet. I would say i'm definetly an introvert. I'm generally very quiet around new people, so the first time I meet any of you, don't be surprised if I'm pretty quiet. Part of it is because of my small stature, growing it up it caused me to be the cowering in the corner type. The other part is that i'm very much an oddball in comparison to the general populous, things just about everyone is into, i'm not, or don't really care about. Within hours of meeting me, you'll see what I mean. To give an example though, i'm not into sports at all. Probably because I wasn't good at any as a kid.

As you can see from this post, my talkativeness comes in bursts. Sorry if I bored any of you with this lengthy post, I just felt it was necessary. I've read alot about the great group of people in MACA and it's nice to see such friendly people in a world that seems to grow less and less friendly every year. Thanks for reading.

-Kevin

01satinsilver

Official NJ MACA Pimp
Established Member
:sleeping: :sleeping: ... Just kidding bro. Welcome to the club from the sound of your post your gonna fit in with this bunch REEEEEEEAL well. :rockon: :thumbsup:

Tom

Homebrew

Established Member
wiseguy said:
Welcome, do you make beer [homebrew]
:thumbsup: No, it's because in many of my other hobbies, I often make my own parts. People always referred to homemade parts as homebrew parts. It just stuck. I do get that question alot though.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

-Kevin

Homebrew

Established Member
I'm planning to get down there sometime this season. First thing is first, I need to get an IRS brace. Money is about to get a little tight, so I'm unsure how soon that will be. I'll be down there to spectate sometime in the near future though. It's been so long since i've been, i'm dying to get down there.

-Kevin

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Kevin,

Nice introduction! My guess is we are somewhat alike as our answer to being somewhat collective and shy is to drive a Mystichrome Cobra. Just gotta make it as loud as possible now!

Look forward to meeting you!

Tim

CobraCleric

Youngblood
Established Member
Hey homebrew, i talked to you before xmas. Hows the carputer proj coming!? I really want to do that as well, but like you, funding is always tight.

Homebrew

Established Member
It's stalled at the final stages. Suddenly finding interior paint to match is impossible. The ford paint is on national backorder or something. I'm debating painting the bezel mystichrome, but I'm not sure how good that would look. It also turns out my computer case is just a tad to big to fit in the empty radio hole. So now its back to fab on the computer case. Probably gonna do it out of aluminum this time so i can use thinner material. I still need an amp to power the factory tweeters as well. Need to get some wire as well, my supply finally got used up, so i'm getting ready to stock up. Other than paint though, the bezel is now complete. We'll have to get together some time so you can check it out. If you need any help along the way of your project, just let me know.

-Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread