Overheating - Fan won't work

Iluvatar

Txyaloo scares me
Established Member
Last night my car just overheated for the second time in a week. I 've had a spare fan for a while so I just put the new one on a few minutes ago. When I plugged my SCT in and installed a tune I noticed that the fan didn't kick on like it always does when installing a tune. I unplugged all of the electrical connections to the fan and plugged them back in and still nothing. I'm guessing it's an electrical problem but I don't know much (anything really) about the electrical side of cars.

I'm going to Europe in a few months and have spent thousands so far for this trip so I can't afford to take my car to a mechanic right now. Any ideas?

Last edited:

bakeme9699

Established Member
there is a fuse for the cooling fan inside the engine comp fuse box, mine blew when my fan locked up(car overheated), I put in a new fuse with a new fan and I haven't had any problems since. Check owners manual for fuse location, I think it's a 50 amp fuse.

Good luck!

Last edited:

02silverstang

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
there two sensors to check one is on the right side on the top inside youre fan shroud check that one its a few bucks to replace it if that doesnt work the next thing to do is to disconect the sensor on youre coolant cross over then start the car . if youre fan comes on right away after you start youre car then that means that sensor is out try these two hope this works for you .

Iluvatar

Txyaloo scares me
Established Member
I just replaced it this morning thinking thats what it was. I bought a fan about a year ago and never put it on until now.

Users who are viewing this thread