Overheating issue

Sh!tstang

Established Member
Every time I turn my A/C on my gauge slowly goes to "L" . I have shut it off to prevent from overheating. I changed the thermostat and still same problem? Did any of you guys had problem like this?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
If it isn't in the red it isn't overheating.
The stock gauge (While some say is inacurate) is a very narrow range. The difference between letters is only a few degrees.

At the "L" about 225-230° IIRC is a little warm and may pull timing but it technically is OK.
Cars were set to run around 218-220.

Now if it just started this then look at the rest of the cooling system. May be time for a flush.

Mikes96SVT

Banned
I'm on your boat too man, I've been through 2 therm's and burped it IDK how many times. I'm starting to think its these aftermarket fans I have. But I don't run hot ALL the time, just periodically. It makes me mad.

9804SNAKES

Established Member
I'm on your boat too man, I've been through 2 therm's and burped it IDK how many times. I'm starting to think its these aftermarket fans I have. But I don't run hot ALL the time, just periodically. It makes me mad.

Never had ANY cooling issues with my car (knocks on wood) but recently when water pump started to go, I replaced it with a Sean Hyland Motorsports Pump. Sean Hyland Motorsport - 1996-04 Ford Mustang GT and Cobra Engine Components.

I may be wrong but I am also starting to realize how lucky us '98 guys may be as our ECUs are tuneable and things like the fan coming on at lower temps can be adjusted, however STAMPEDE makes a great point, these cars are supposed to run in the low 200s.

The days of 160 degree stats or running no stat at all do not apply to these cars.

Users who are viewing this thread