Overheating - yes I read the other posts.

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
My terminator is overheating. I suspect it needs to be burped. I am assuming I take off the metal screw plug out of the top radiator metal piping next to the super charger and either let the water rise or put some in there... The question is, what tool do I use to fit in that hole to unscrew it?

Thanks,
Chris

ShockTherapy

Established Member
fordracerguy said:
My terminator is overheating. I suspect it needs to be burped. I am assuming I take off the metal screw plug out of the top radiator metal piping next to the super charger and either let the water rise or put some in there... The question is, what tool do I use to fit in that hole to unscrew it?

Thanks,
Chris

A 1/4 inch drive extension should do the trick. Prepare for it to break off. :(

WDW MKR

Established Member
A 1/4" drive socket is the required tool, but it will almost certainly round out. It helps to have the car a little warm (don't do it hot, or you'll spray hot water all over), but most of us end up using channel locks.

grnenvy

Established Member
You don't have to use channel locks lol. Just get a propane torch and heat the pipe up just a little right near the threads it will come out real easy. Oh and it won't hurt the paint on the pipe as long as you know what your doing.

WDW MKR said:
A 1/4" drive socket is the required tool, but it will almost certainly round out. It helps to have the car a little warm (don't do it hot, or you'll spray hot water all over), but most of us end up using channel locks.

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
Just an update... Mine came loose without a problem as well. I simply filled my overflow tank to the very top. Put the cap back on, and then filled the pipe to the top. Heating problems gone!

Woop!

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread