Overly sensitive grabby brakes on a 2015 Mustang GT with Performance Pkg option.

blownstang01

Established Member
I gotta tell you, I just picked mine up today and I was expecting what you've said about the touchy brakes. No more worries, my experience is that they are not bad. I was worried because my Wife's '14 Explorer will put you through the windshield especially when I only drive it every couple of weeks and am not used to it. Compared to the Explorer, the Mustangs' are not bad at all. I suspect you'll get used to them.

Shelbyman

Established Member
I gotta tell you, I just picked mine up today and I was expecting what you've said about the touchy brakes. No more worries, my experience is that they are not bad. I was worried because my Wife's '14 Explorer will put you through the windshield especially when I only drive it every couple of weeks and am not used to it. Compared to the Explorer, the Mustangs' are not bad at all. I suspect you'll get used to them.

I think you could be right about me getting used to them rather than working to fix them. A friend of mine sister's car is the same as mine...grabby. What he's doing is working on a new front brake pad to take some of the touchiness out of the brakes. When and if hes able to come up with something I'll post what it is. I know a larger dia master would give the pedal a firmer feel but its so hard to get any specs from Ford on them other than buying a replacement master and measuring it myself. Then the puzzle would be to find one an 1/8" larger to try out. It's becoming a movie...:rolling:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I have the 2013/2014 gt-500 6 piston brembos with 15 rotors on my non performance pack 2012 Gt. They are not overly sensitive but they stop on a dime when i use them. Love them...my guess Is if all the new mustangs are like that then thats the way they are!

craigstu

Established Member
I agree the brakes take too little effort. Even my wife who drives the car every day says they are too light. It's difficult to heel and toe a downshift w/ the brakes this light. Next weekend I will try to see if the MC has a diameter cast or engraved into it.

Users who are viewing this thread