Oxford white owners……

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I know paint match from ford has always been a problem from metal to plastic parts. My 93 reef blue paint color looks different from the front bumper to the side fender. The silver foxes are bad as well.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

wudy

Established Member
I have the issue on my door scoops but not bad. Reading some of the other posts I’m lucky it’s only those. And a little on the short side skirts. Always thought it was the clear coat but never proved that. Hopefully someone can figure out the polishing to fix the issue.

Silver95

Established Member
I was being serious. Mine is very low miles and hasn’t slept outside since maybe the transport from Ford when new so the yellowing is minimal, but I would like to prevent it if that were possible. I always thought it was just the paint on those pieces thinning and revealing the primer or plastic color underneath.

Hey can you post some pics of yours ? Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cj428mach

Established Member
I bought my car from the original owner with 7400 miles on it and it was always garaged. It got 4xxx miles on it the first year the remaining 3000 miles over the next 9years so it was babied and covered.

Its always been garaged while I had it but it started to yellow pretty quickly after I got it, and it was pretty frustrating. My friend with an 80k mile OW terminator with a repaint looked so much better than my 8k Mike babied car. It made me really regret OW, and I wished at the time I had gone SY.

I bought a set of OW scoops from American muscle and they matched well enough to make me happy but note they take some work to fit the terminator vent pieces. Eventually I had an incident where I was removing clear bra off the hood of my car and it tore a section of paint off in the center. I decided to have my friend repair the hood, reshoot the rear bumper, spoiler, side skirts, and reshoot the factory scoops. The hood looks amazing you can't tell it was ever damaged and matches perfectly.

The rear spoiler, bumper, don't seem to match as well but look nice. He explained it as the car isn't the same color from one end of the car as the other. The factory sprays the paint so thin that the coverage isn't the same changing the color from one end to the other. He said he did the hood at the same time as everything else out of the gun with the same paint.

The guys been painting for close to 40 years and does top notch work, does Ferrari, lambos......got selected out of all the painters at their company to blend and repair the hood on his boss's all original 1969 Boss 429 with 11,000 miles, so he knows his stuff.

LS WUT

Established Member
So what you’re saying is get rid of these hoopty’s and buy a different color? Haha. Kidding. I love mine, she ain’t perfect but she’s purdy.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey can you post some pics of yours ? Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6BE63085-8742-4013-A97B-94DAC21FB0BC.jpeg
D3188D75-73CC-4AE0-BEEE-0464ECF0A4EB.jpeg

I haven’t had it covered so it’s a little dusty, but here ya go. The side skirts I think is where it’s most prevalent.

bull_dog190

Established Member
When I had my OW, I could never get the plastics to match perfectly. Just the nature of the beast of 2003 QA and material tech.

Users who are viewing this thread