P-0307 missfire

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
Hey guys need some help. I have an 03 terminator with 28K on the odom. Every once in a while I will get a MIL and the car starts to run gawd awfull! When I scan the car I have a p-0307 Missfire in cylinder 7. As a diagnostic measure I have swapped coils between 6 and 7 and have also since changed the plugs. When it starts to miss it only happens upon initial acceleration from a stop only (it doesn't matter if I get on it or if I take off slowly). It will continue to miss untill I come to a stop and let it idle for a few seconds. Then it will run great and the MIL will go out a few seconds later. It may not happen again for weeks. Anyone have this happen? I am wondering if I have a sticky valve or something. I bought the car used and suspect that the heads are still first run. The car is pre 11-02.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Check the wiring going to the coils, especially where they enter under the coil cover at the rear of the head and near the coils themselves. A pinched or broken wire can cause this problem.

Dana

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
Thanks guys, I will pull the coil cover off tommorow and take a closer look at the wiring.

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
OK, upon closer examination I noticed the wires for the #7 coil were fused together from excessive heat. I had to cut them apart with a blade and retaped them up as a temporary measure. Evidently this is related to the head cooling issue. I guess if this cures the problem (only time will tell) Then I will either order a new harness$$$ or repair my existing and install the head cooling mod. Thanks for the help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread