P0148 and Hesistation

army_man1014

Established Member
OK guys, 6 months ago I had to drop my tank (2nd time) because I blew a fuel line inside the tank (I have the PPRV Delete). My mechanic fixed the issue. To cut down on the chance of blowing a line again he made a fitting out of aluminum and used small piece of rubber to connect the two pumps to prevent another blow out! ( FYI, this might sound crazy but its hard to explain). The car ran fine and was back to normal.

A Few weeks ago, I went WOT and it hesitated again around 5k rpm's. Later the next day, I pulled the plugs, changed them (TR6's) and gapped them at 30. Well that didn't fix anything, next thing I did was change the FRPS (Today). No smell of fuel but once I remove it from the rail, fuel did leak out. I guess that is normal? Once I changed that, the car seemed like it was going much better. Later that day, I decided to data log and check my fuel pressure at the rail and alternator voltage with my SCT X3. I just swapped out of Alternator a few months ago as well. At idle I was getting 37-39 psi with about 13.7v. I did a WOT and the car climbed psi til around 5500-5800 when the fuel pressure dropped to 27 psi. The alt power stayed the same.

Question is, what do you think the problem could be this time. Pump going bad? Fuel line busted again? Thanks for all the help fellas. I logged it but unsure how to get that from the hand held to the PC.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Could be the line in the tank again, dirty fuel filter, fuel pumps, wouldn't think a new frps would blow that fast, but it's possible. What mods are all done to the car? Have you checked your fpdc?

army_man1014

Established Member
Ported blower
FIPK intake
Mafia mass air
4lb lower
2.76 upper
100mm idle
Kb boost a pump
I haven't checked it yet. The fuel filter was changed when line broke in tank and fixed in spring.

Users who are viewing this thread