P0174 CEL code

Longtubes

Established Member
Anyone help me with this? Been months, literally, and I've tried everything I could outside of buying a ton of new parts. I have done:

Cleaned MAF (it's perfect) and being lean on one bank isnt MAF from what I hear
Cleaned IAC / tested it
Cleaned EGR Valve, tightened it up
Checked every vac hose I could see, everything looks good except one going to canister purge valve (looks brittle and stretchy, but not sure if holes are on it....doesn't appear to be any)
Reseated all intake and hoses, tightened up everything with clamps etc.
Ran a bottle of Lucas Fuel through it
Checked Gas Cap
New Spark Plugs, checked wires, new coolant, checked oil levels
New IAT Sensor

No known exhaust leaks, I even asked a guy and he tested it and said no. 02's wouldn't detect a lean condition if they were bad, so they seem to be doing their job.

It's a pattern. Every few days it pops up P0174 system bank 2 too lean. It can be off for a few days then boom, reappears. It's usually after the car runs low on gas then I fill it back up but not always.

Any thoughts? Driving me absolutely nuts. Only things I have NOT done are cleaned CAI air filter (its inside fenderwell) and replaced the brittle canister purge valve vac line (it's inside fenderwell).

Last edited:

AtlanticRJ

Established Member
Hey man, I remember you jumping in when I was having issues with this type of thing too. Try cleaning the filter first. If that doesn't work , check your dpfe sensor. They are known to go bad on our cars relatively quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread