P0411 and P0153

KotnmthKng

Established Member
My car is throwing P0411 Secondary Air Injection System Flow Improper, and P0153 Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor circuit Slow Response - Bank No. 2.

I know the 0411 is because the smog pump isnt hooked up, but could that also be causing the 0153? Or is the o2 going bad? Also my gas mileage has recently gone down about 20-30 miles per tank.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Try resetting the unit and see if it comes back. I don't think that PO411 should set it off, but the way it sounds, PO153 is a sensor for a sensor, that is a check to make sure the sensor is working correctly.

On my handy list of diagnosing, these are the supposed causes:

Contaminated HO2S sensor.
* Exhaust leaks.
* Shorted /open wiring.
* Improper fueling.
* MAF sensor.
* Deteriorating HO2S sensor.
* Inlet air leaks.

Last edited:

KotnmthKng

Established Member
Thanks Stampede3.

I do have a slight header gasket leak that I plan on taking care of asap. But I'm going to replace the front O2's and see if that clears the code.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
If the gasket leak is in front of the O2 it is possible that it is causing it.

Most likely you would get a lean code though, not the slow response.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
I had the 0411 code and its because of the LT's on the car. Just take it to a tuner and have them shut off the SAI. Its useless anyways when you run longtubes since the o2 is now back farther from the heads. the SAI system helps to heat up the o2 sensors.

KotnmthKng

Established Member
Thanks Grant, I already knew what the 0411 was. I just wanted to know if that could also cause the 0153 or if my o2 was actually bad.

Now I just need to get a tune.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
NP Mark. For the 0153 code, I believe it means the o2 is ready to take a big fat dump :)

go on www.corral.net and search for a member named pintoman77 (or something close) and look for his o2 sensor thread. he sells 2 front FORD OEM sensors for 50 shipped, and the rears for an extra 20. They are brand new, sealed sensors. I bought them either last year or two years ago and they are still working perfectly.

bvysochin

Established Member
Red98CobraStang said:
go on www.corral.net and search for a member named pintoman77 (or something close) and look for his o2 sensor thread. he sells 2 front FORD OEM sensors for 50 shipped, and the rears for an extra 20. They are brand new, sealed sensors. I bought them either last year or two years ago and they are still working perfectly.

+1. I've purchased at least 4 or 5 complete sets from him over the last 2 years for various cars we've had. Great guy to do business with. Pintoman351 I believe is his name..

Users who are viewing this thread