P0420 & P0430 Codes ????

Shoeman 1

Established Member
My car has a Super Chip with a ProMaf & Bassani Catted x pipe. When I pulled the chip for emmission testing I got the cel. I scanned it at Autozone & got those two codes. Said something about cataylist effiencincy below threshold bank 1 & 2. Not sure what this means being I'm a dumb newb.

Black 5.0

Established Member
when we get those codes at work we sell them converters, but you have a catted x. That is you problem if you ask me

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
I have a bassani catted x, but the converters suck as far as making the obd-2 happy. I not familiar with the emissions testing since there is none in SA, but I'd say you need to get some new OBD-2 cats. I think they're about $100 a piece installed on average. I have the SCT chip and have the downstream 02s shut off.

Shoeman 1

Established Member
I have a bassani catted x, but the converters suck as far as making the obd-2 happy. I not familiar with the emissions testing since there is none in SA, but I'd say you need to get some new OBD-2 cats. I think they're about $100 a piece installed on average. I have the SCT chip and have the downstream 02s shut off.

I kinda suspected the X pipe with just the two high flow cats. When I reinstalled the Superchip the cel & the codes went away. I want to do away with chip (hassle pulling computer) & the pro maf and maybe go with a tune instead, but I still have to pass the obd-2 tests(can't have anything turned off). So would mil elminators do away with cel, as the last time I pulled the chip right before the test and it passed.

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
yes the MIL elims will get rid of the light. it just sends a lean signal to the pcm, so when they check the car the 02s will still show functional.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
im having the same problem after i installed the cat deletes for the catted bassani x pipe.my check engine light came on with p0420 and p0430 codes. im getting the car tuned in august so im gonna have the tuner turn the mil's off. btw i checked a few websites and no one carrys mil eliminators.

Users who are viewing this thread